Rearset Powerlet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Valueman

Reaction score
I preparation for my upcoming trip to the Rockies, I installed a Powerlet for my heated vest last weekend. I used the kit for the 2006 FJR, rearset, left side.

The only problem I ran into was snaking the wire from the footpeg up under the seat. Actually, the wire itself was not an issue, but I could not find a space wide enough to allow that big white connecting plug to pass through. In the end I just cut the plug off, snaked the wire, and spliced the plug back on. No big deal.

I called Powerlet, and they said they remembered it being a "very tight fit" but could not recall the details of how they got the plug up under the seat.

Anyone else run into this? Anyone have the "magic route"?

VM

I preparation for my upcoming trip to the Rockies, I installed a Powerlet for my heated vest last weekend. I used the kit for the 2006 FJR, rearset, left side.
The only problem I ran into was snaking the wire from the footpeg up under the seat. Actually, the wire itself was not an issue, but I could not find a space wide enough to allow that big white connecting plug to pass through. In the end I just cut the plug off, snaked the wire, and spliced the plug back on. No big deal.

I called Powerlet, and they said they remembered it being a "very tight fit" but could not recall the details of how they got the plug up under the seat.

Anyone else run into this? Anyone have the "magic route"?

VM
I installed the same kit on my AE. Same problem but I found a spot near the left passenger footpeg that had just enough space for the white connector. I then used a screwdriver and leverage a bit more room and the connector cleared. It is mounted on the footpeg and works just fine.