Rechargable 12v flashlight for the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this on Cyberguys.com, I've ordered one for my bike:
https://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=19462
Charging in a cigarette lighter socket is a pretty cool idea. But for the same price, I'd get a headlamp because you can't beat having both hands free. Years ago I used to do a lot of work at night with a mini maglight in my mouth - what a pain in the butt (or teeth in this case). Then I got a headlamp and never looked back!

Found this on Cyberguys.com, I've ordered one for my bike:
https://www.cyberguys.com/product-details/?productid=19462
Charging in a cigarette lighter socket is a pretty cool idea. But for the same price, I'd get a headlamp because you can't beat having both hands free. Years ago I used to do a lot of work at night with a mini maglight in my mouth - what a pain in the butt (or teeth in this case). Then I got a headlamp and never looked back!

+1 on the headlamps. I have one of THESE and love it - VERY bright, water resistant, and cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have These...

very happy

3333786884_45e8ce124c.jpg

Cheers,

Mike in Nawlins'

+1 on the headlamps. I have one of THESE and love it - VERY bright, water resistant, and cheap.
+1 on LED headlamp. I bought one after Hurricane Ike and still use it all the time. It's practically replaced my big old work-light in the garage. The LEDs run on one AAA battery but puts out a ton of light.

Funny thing is that I only bought it because they were out of D batteries for my other flashlights, but it's been $20 well spent. I should get an extra to replace the maglite pen that's on the bike's toolkit now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty cool USDC.

My brother bought this for my birthday and I use it for the FJR. Tiny, and you can clip to your head or wrist. Very, very handy.

Petzl Zipka

I think the point is that it'll always be charged. Stick that headlamp under your seat and in 2 years when you need it and the batteries are dead and all leaking you're SOL. I think the always charged light in the glovebox is a great idea....now find me a headlamp with a cigarette lighter charge pigtail and we're golden!

I think the point is that it'll always be charged. Stick that headlamp under your seat and in 2 years when you need it and the batteries are dead and all leaking you're SOL. I think the always charged light in the glovebox is a great idea....now find me a headlamp with a cigarette lighter charge pigtail and we're golden!
there's more than one headlamp that uses AAA batteries

just get a tiny two battery charger and some decent quality LiOn and ya good to go

I've got 12v cig plug charger for pen cells