Recommedation for a company to ship a bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike in Ohio

Reaction score
I am condsidering buyhing a bike on ebay and will need to have it shipped to my home in Independence, Ohio. Can anyone recommed a company that is reliable and reasonably priced?

Thanks,

Mike

uShip.com worked well and was very inexpensive when I sold a 2013 FJR and sent it to Phoenix but a fly and ride would be more fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used Haulbikes once and if I recall it cost around $650 to ship a large bike from KY to PA. They have a slick custom bike hauling rig. Took around 11 days to receive bike if I recall correctly. Included insurance on the bike. But they didn't deliver it to my door. Had to go meet them at a large shopping center. Wasn't happy about that.

If you know anyone with a business and a loading dock, that could save you some money. Dock to dock is much cheaper than to your house.

I've used JC Motors in the past. Decent service, reasonable pricing and they had a nice tracking feature. There are several prior threads on the same subject, a quick search should yield lots of information.

Good luck!

--G

I used motorcycleshippers.com to ship a motorcycle from Minnesota to Phoenix. I was very happy with the price, speed, and how they crated the bike for safe shipping. As stated above, dock-to-dock saves money and also provided more flexibility in drop-off and pick-up times because I didn't have to wait for the truck to arrive which can be very unpredictable.

I've used U-ship a couple of times but the last few times kept getting high bids. Now I use Federal Shipper and from East coast-ish (North Carolina and Kentucky) to San Diego was $650. They have some discounts for certain club or group members like AMA. And you can save if you do dock to dock vs. home to home maybe about $25-50.

Last edited by a moderator: