Recommendations for Hand Grips

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scotlings8

Reaction score
I have a Gen II without heated grips, and I really dont like the stock grips. There is wayyyyy too much vibration. Wanted to know if anybody had any preferences for a grip that is not too thin and disperses vibration well.

Hmmm. My vibration attenuated with weighted bar ends. I use Salamander but there are others. Grip Buddies also instilled but doubt there's a reduction there. They work well with the heated grips.

Oops just read you don't have heated grips. Oh well guess that doesn't change anything. As far as changing out entire grip, I can't be helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:
You try and resolve the problem of vibration instead of dealing with symptoms yet? Possible throttle body synch and/or engine mount retorque?

After that the BMW sport grips are my preferred grips.

Same issue for me last year although it was less about the vibes than the feel. Plus I found the stock size just not to my liking. I also tried bar end weights with no noticable difference. BMW Sport Grips have been my grip of choice on my last two rides. Hand filling contour. Go on painlessly with some compresed air. And, they work perfectly with the Vista Cruise.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have nerve damage in my hands, so I have tried a lot of different options. I am running grip puppies currently, and they do the most so far to quell the vibes. They are inexpensive, and slip over your stock grips. For better or for worse, they do make your grips noticably fatter.

As an aside, heavy bar ends did nothing for me.

Another satisfied customer with BMW sport grips. For comfort, ease of installation and wear these can't be beat!

--G

Wow. Thanks for all the Info. I do have the grip puppies, and bar end weights. that did help noticeably. I will have to get the throttle body sync done sooner or later. but for now, i think im going to try those BMW Grips. We'll see how it turns out. Thanks again!

Scotlings

I have the stock grips with the California Scientific grip warmers and Throttlemeister bar ends. For 50 bucks I am happy with the heated grips so far. I got a ton of vibration out by using the suspension settings from the forum and new tires with balance beads. Wouldn't mind trying a pair of BMW grips though they look a lot better than stock.

Converted over from Pro Grips with Grip Puppies to BMW sport grips...they feel great and work fine with my Vista Cruise and heated grips. Been running them for a little more than a year now...I don't miss the Grip Puppies.

I dispensed with my stock heated grips a while back, and initially installed the BMW grips, which I liked. I then managed to blag a set of Kuryakyn ISO grips in all black, and now prefer the size and feel of them. I think I paid about $60 for them.