Recommendations for tip-over protection?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BentAero

Reaction score
Having dropped my ST more times than I care to admit, I plan to add some tip-over protection to the Feejer before I leave the dealer lot. (Hopefully, the lighter, less top-heavy weight of the Feej will improve my vertical score.)

Anyone have a recommendation on which brand of tip-over guard to buy for and '06/'07? I'm primarily concerned with the zero/low speed parking lot type of protection rather than actual 'slide' protection. I figure if I pitch it away at speed, a "slider" isn't going to do much for me in the big picture anyway.

Motovation?

Skyway?

Moko?

RG?

Other?

I've got a $30 set of TOG's on my '05. Used them once and it spared the fairing any damage while scraping my mirror, sidebag, and alternator case slightly.

The Feej isn't top heavy at all. I don't feel the need to put on any tip over stuff. I can't see myself dropping this bike in any more occasions than I might drop any bike. Less than some.

Since you asked, I like my RG. Many different kinds out there. 'Course I like mine best...they seem to be in the "best spot" for protection.

The Feej isn't top heavy at all. I don't feel the need to put on any tip over stuff. I can't see myself dropping this bike in any more occasions than I might drop any bike. Less than some.
Cool, then sit on it, lean it over until the peg feeler touches, then pick it back up. It's a rite of passage for all us owners. Did mine 9-11-05, then put on some Motivation's.

moto on my 06 liked the fit/appearance and customer service,numerous reasons to drop bike in slow speed or stopped operation can happen to the best of drivers cheap insurance in tip over (my 2 cents worth)

I installed Motovation's, I bought the one that you do not have to cut the fairings.

Web site is:

www.motovationusa.com

Good stuff ! ;)