Recommended frame sliders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at the OES product but they don't offer a kit for an '04. I don't mind cutting the fairings if required. Looking for some tip-over protection primarily.

I purchased the OES, but I have a Gen II. IMO, after seeing both products in person, if I had it to do over again, I would have purchased the Motivation sliders. They are noticably longer than the OES product. I recently had a stall on a steep side hill grade and had to gently let mine down due to recent back surgery. In any case, I did get a few small scratches on the left side engine cover (bottom). I am convinced though that had I purchased the longer Motivation sliders, there would not have been a scratch on the bike. Motivation 03-05 Sliders linked here JRH08FJR PS- Motivation also has a race version for your model that if much less expensive, but it does not say "no cut".

The R&Gs are cheaper than the others for Gen-I bikes because they don't need a bracket, but they do need a hole in the fairing. They go right into the engine mount bolt hole and don't need the extra expense of the bracket so they'd protrude through the fairing gap. Very well-made product, they don't "work loose" as many have noted on engine-bolt sliders from other makers. I ordered my set from R&G's site in England.

New:

DSC_0011.jpg

Used:

DSC_0010.jpg

As for [SIZE=24pt]OMG!!!!!! There's a hole in the fairing!!!!![/SIZE] who cares? The slider covers it up so there's no cosmetic yuckiness. It adds a step to removing the fairing, but one step out of the 23 or so that it takes isn't a deal-breaker.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a set of Gen1 brackets (the aluminum parts) and sliders that I'd be open to offers on. Haven't looked at them for a LONG time & don't remember if they are Motivation brand. Seems that the tip of one delrin slider has scratches from being leaned against a brick wall. Could either dress out the scratches or replace the puck easily.

Guess I'll have to put this in the classified section. I'll have to find them to take some pix.

Need some 1986 Honda parts? Ducati mirrors, KLR bodywork? etc etc etc .......