Recommended replacement battery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahlr

Reaction score
In the process of getting ready to retire from the P/D in about 6 mos. and bought a new house in Gastonia, NC so riding time this year has been at an all time low. Had the FJR out a couple weeks ago, and had to stop at a gas station after a lengthy low speed detour due to a mva. The bike wouldn't restart w/ the fan engaged. Had to wait until it cooled to restart. It cranks very slowly after sitting in the garage even w/ the battery tender on it.

What is the concensus on the best replacement, factory or aftermarket. Hope to nurse mine through the winter w/ the tender on it then replace before spring.

Regards to all

In the process of getting ready to retire from the P/D in about 6 mos. and bought a new house in Gastonia, NC so riding time this year has been at an all time low. Had the FJR out a couple weeks ago, and had to stop at a gas station after a lengthy low speed detour due to a mva. The bike wouldn't restart w/ the fan engaged. Had to wait until it cooled to restart. It cranks very slowly after sitting in the garage even w/ the battery tender on it. What is the concensus on the best replacement, factory or aftermarket. Hope to nurse mine through the winter w/ the tender on it then replace before spring.

Regards to all
Let the other folks answer and then check out the WestCo sealed battery.

WestCo batteries at Bike Effects

Please note the link below that explains how to get the forum discount.

Got mine from Bike Effects; great battery at a great price (with a discount to FJR Forum members) shipped quickly. Unless you have an alternate preference, that's your answer.

"riding time this year has been at an all time low. Had the FJR out a couple weeks ago, and had to stop at a gas station after a lengthy low speed detour due to a mva. The bike wouldn't restart w/ the fan engaged. Had to wait until it cooled to restart. It cranks very slowly after sitting in the garage even w/ the battery tender on it."

Maybe it just needs a few hours of charging at 2A or so on a bigger charger, or a few days on the tender?

How old is it?

Last edited by a moderator: