Recs for battery tender and tire-repair kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palerider

Reaction score
Hi,

For my AE I want to get a battery tender for the garage and a tire-repair kit to carry. Just wanted to hear your recommendations.

Schumacher Fully Automatic Battery Charger Maintainer with Float-Mode Monitoring - 1.5 amp slow charge

Wal Mart $17 (Retail is around $45) Works great.

clicky

The best thing that I have found for tire repairs on the road are cement screws. I have pulled a nail and have only lost 10 PSI of air pressure while inserting the cement screw. I have traveled 100's of miles to get my self home without losing any air pressure. I use rubber cement on the screw before I install it. I have used the same screw several times. Buy the ones with tapered head and you can screw them in past flush so you will not wear the head of the screw off, it will look like new when you take it out. I also always replace the tire ASAP. I carry two different sizes of screws. You would also be wise to carry a small air compressor you can find them for less than $30.00, well worth the investment when your sitting on the side of the road. There is also another product called the "donor hose" with two female ends so you get enough air from someone else's tire, I think they are around $10.00. RIDE SAFE