reflecting tape

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowman13

Reaction score
Hi all,

Has anyone tried the 3m black reflective tape on the back portion of their saddlebags? Some of the BMW guys I know can buy their stuff from cyclegadget.com but what about fjr's? The black tape looks good during the daytime and lights up like spot lights at night when cars lights hit them. Any ideas? Thanks. Be safe.

Snow

+1 on this. I installed the bag stickers from Alex, and got a set of reflective decals on the side fairings that match the old style. I will post pictures later on. I'm at work right now.

+1. I put Alex's reflectives on the back of my 08 FJR. Perfect and definitely recommended.

++1 WHAT A GREAT PRODUCT!!!

rearrt.jpg

rear.jpg

here's the pictures I promissed..... Night time pictures speak volumes....

No comments about the mess of crap in my garage please. I gotta stack shit up to make plenty of room for the feejer! ( and yes that is 3 gallons of Rotella synthetic on the shelf back there.) I Like to be prepared...

P1010109.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010111.jpg

P1010112.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all,Has anyone tried the 3m black reflective tape on the back portion of their saddlebags? Some of the BMW guys I know can buy their stuff from cyclegadget.com but what about fjr's? The black tape looks good during the daytime and lights up like spot lights at night when cars lights hit them. Any ideas? Thanks. Be safe.

Snow
yep.

wrote a song about.

wanna hear it?

here it go!

https://www.fjr-tips.org/mods/tape/tape.html (from 2002)

But is there any place to just buy the reflective tape in bulk so I can cut it myself?

Need to repair a few scratches from my riding faux pas's...

Worth the investment plus some. I have it on my saddle bags & liked it so much, I went to the autoparts store and got a role of inch-wide tape and added strips to my passenger backrest, luggage rack, and reflector stems.

But is there any place to just buy the reflective tape in bulk so I can cut it myself?
[SIZE=12pt]a[/SIZE][SIZE=24pt]HEM![/SIZE]

clearly you didn't look at the link i provided. it has everything you need to make your own stuff with enough left over for another bike or two (just the back of the bags) or to do more stuff in other areas of the bike if so motivated.

Easy up there, bounce...........friday's just a day away.....................................la la la la...............

clearly you didn't look at the link i provided. it has everything you need to make your own stuff with enough left over for another bike or two (just the back of the bags) or to do more stuff in other areas of the bike if so motivated.
I feel SO duly chastised......... :unsure:

Found what I was looking for at www.bikerhiway.com

I feel SO duly chastised......... :unsure:

Found what I was looking for at www.bikerhiway.com
and rightly so, little missie. :rofl:

Latest posts