Reflective kit for hard cases

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I know I'm gonna get blasted for this problem, but here is the problem:

Bought the 3m reflective kit for cases- I had to peel off one to realign it correctly.

Now I need some type of product to aid the adhesivness. any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm gonna get blasted for this problem, but here is the problem:
Bought the 3m reflective kit for cases- I had to peel off one to realign it correctly.

Now I need some type of product to aid the adhesivness. any suggestions?

perhaps spray some 3m fast tack on before reapplication.

For future reference, spraying the decal and mating surface with a non ammonia based window cleaner will allow you to place and adjust the decal. Then using a squeegee or similar (ccard) flat plastic item, you can work the air bubbles out and most of the window cleaner. This will give you a flawless install and the 'tack' will come back. Did this on mine a couple years ago and they are still there and flawless.

It's very likely that you streched them taking them off after applying them. I would suggest getting a replacement which would give you the best result. Not the cheapest solution by any means but, probably the best.

If you happened to purchase your decals from our friend and forum member at Real Time Industries,

he wants to please all his customers and would work with you to fix your problem

I'm sure he'd get a replacement for that one panel to you

Just contact him via email...his product is superior and he has lotsa choices for the Feejers

https://www.real-timeindustries.com/

he's Alex at alexfjr AT gmail DOT com

sure hope this helps.

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike in Nawlins'

I had a problem with both sides and head causing bubbles. I used a hair dryer and got them loose and really cleaned the surfaces. I used 3M spray adhesive and reapplied them.