Reflective Rim decals

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRJ Jc

Reaction score
I was a littel bored today and came up with the idea to search for reandom stuff for the bike. My latest idea is reflective rim stripes. I was thinking black during the day and white when the light hits it.

Anyone have any experience with this product, anything I should be looking out for. I was thinking the pre curved stickers cut in 4 pieces for 1 side of the wheel.

TIA

Interesting idea. Do you have a link to a product you are considering or are you looking for the stuff??

Interesting idea. Do you have a link to a product you are considering or are you looking for the stuff??
I have a set on my 06. Bought them from Tape Works

https://www.tapeworks.com/Rimstripes/RimstripesHome.html

they have lots of colors and many of them are reflextive
Here's a link to a guy in Europe that put on the rimstripes and many other cool things on his FJR. He does an excellent job of describing how to do things with pictures and great descriptions.

Wheelstriping

Post pics if you decide to do this. I've seen a number of sport bikes that look really sharp with wheel tape in various colors.

Weelstiping%206.jpg

I put some on my '08 a few months ago, pretty happy with the results..

I put a little description on how they work on my site...

wellingweb.nl/joomla/index.php/mijn-2008-fjr1300a/mods/wheelstriping

(Thanks for the referral Tailwalk)

Last edited by a moderator:
MMM, I think I would not recommend the 10mm: that's gonna be too wide to nicely fit.

The 3mm will be a lot easier to apply, yet If I would have a choice I'd take it just a littl wider: 4 or 5 mm...

Of course this is a different brand, and the material may be easier to apply... :blush: , so no guarantees...