Reinforcement Plate for Tour Pack Recall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torn 14

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just received my new tour pack and have a couple questions regarding the recall fix - Reinforcement Plate Kit Part # 5VS-PLATE-KT-00.

First, is this a definite must do? I'm curious as to how many with a tour pack have the above plate and would like to know if it made any difference.

Second, am I correct to assume the dealer should provide this plate free of charge due to it being a recall?

Thanks

Hey guys,
Just received my new tour pack and have a couple questions regarding the recall fix - Reinforcement Plate Kit Part # 5VS-PLATE-KT-00.

First, is this a definite must do? I'm curious as to how many with a tour pack have the above plate and would like to know if it made any difference.

Second, am I correct to assume the dealer should provide this plate free of charge due to it being a recall?

Thanks
its a must do if you dont want to replace any cracked parts later.

when i bought mine last year, I rec'd the plate with my order for my '05. i would think the dealer should have provided the plate with the purchase.

is the dealer saying something contrary to what the recall read? they might not have ordered the correct part somehow.

cadman

My dealer told me he had got a recall notice saying that the pack may fall off. You know big companies, liability reasons, kings of under statments, may... sould have said will. Had to wait for mine around a month becouse it was right at the begining of the recall.

Hey guys,

Thanks
its a must do if you dont want to replace any cracked parts later.

when i bought mine last year, I rec'd the plate with my order for my '05. i would think the dealer should have provided the plate with the purchase.

is the dealer saying something contrary to what the recall read? they might not have ordered the correct part somehow.

cadman
Thanks. I purchased the pack from an individual on eBay that sold his '07 FJR without ever having installed the touring pack - so it is brand new but I haven't actually had contact with a dealership yet. I'll give them a call and hope the service dept. knows what I'm talking about . . .

if you buy a newer mounting kit, it also comes with the reinforcement place and other tidbits.

forum members in your area may have one collecting dust (like mine), see if one is will to part with it.