ReJex protectant-anyone tried it?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have experience with this "space-age" surface protectant called ReJex:
https://www.corrosionx.com/rejex.html

Seen it advertised in a car rag.
I use to use it on the front and windshield. Seems to works as advertised. I like the shine better than most waxes. It is not a very good cleaner (no cleaner) to take on road trips. I use dri-wash, for most trips, which removes the Rejex. The dri-wash works so well I decided to just use it instead.

I just treated two bikes and a car with it. It has to cure for 12 hours, but they claim it lasts at least 4 months, and usually 6-8 months.

You have to prep the vehicle and strip any wax off it, as well as get anything off the paint, cause it will seal in whatever is already there. It is best to prep with one of those clay bars to get off any tree sap or bug splats or sediment in the paint. This is the down side, as it is not as easy as waxing. There are no cleaners in the Rejex, so it won't remove tar or bugs, you have to first get the vehicle completely stripped of all contaminates on the paint.

I'll let you know how it holds up after a few months...

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought some, put it on about 2 months ago, and it is a great wax (I know, "it's not a wax"), and it seems to hold up pretty well.

I bought it because you are supposed to be able to simply hose off bugs with no scrubbing or soaking first after it has been applied and cured. I'd let you know how well that works, only, I haven't seen any bugs on the bike since applying it. I don't know if that's cuz it's working, or if I'm just getting good at dodging them! :)