Remap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy C

Reaction score
I love the bike I just want to do some wheelies !!!! It feels like I need a more agressive advance curve and possably more off idle fuel.

whats the common fix ??

I love the bike I just want to do some wheelies !!!! It feels like I need a more agressive advance curve and possably more off idle fuel.whats the common fix ??
Buy a new Gix 1000/R1/ZX10/1000RR. Smack away at the throttle. Problem solved :dinamo:

I love the bike I just want to do some wheelies !!!! It feels like I need a more agressive advance curve and possably more off idle fuel.whats the common fix ??

Muzzy. Then find a PCIII/dyno tuner that will flatten out your torque curve-that's all you SHOULD have to tell him.

I'm trying to figure out if this is a real question or merely a "troll" question.

IF the former, I don't understand. This is NOT the bike to use for wheelies from a dead stop. Its too long and heavy to be used like a "stunter" and the shaft final drive might limit the chassis response when compared to a chain drive, lighter sportbike. OTH, it does have the power and torque to raise the front from 20 mph-or-so and a qualified rider could ride it on the rear wheel. One would have to be skillful when "landing" the front wheel because if not done with care, the weight of the bike will compress the front springs and cause undue leverage on the fork bushings and seals.

Assuming that all attempts at wheeies would be done on a "closed course" or private roadway, it has been rumored that some have merely used a full throttle application from 20 mph and the FJR has pulled a wheelie. I've also read reports that some have done the same thing in 2nd gear, but the addition of a Power Commander would probably adjust the fuel ratio/hp/torque curve so that the desired effect could be adjusted at a different point in the rev. band.

YMMV

I love the bike I just want to do some wheelies !!!! It feels like I needs a more agressive advance curve and possably more off idle fuel.whats the common fix ??

Muzzy. Then find a PCIII/dyno tuner that will flatten out your torque curve-that's all you SHOULD have to tell him.

Muzzy ????? is that and exaust system ?? is pwr comander (PC?)a plug in ? or a reprogram .

Can I do it ??? I have computors , a exaust gas analizer and dyno ( automotive )

Where do I get more info ?? Thanks in advance . the FNG

I'm trying to figure out if this is a real question or merely a "troll" question.
IF the former, I don't understand. This is NOT the bike to use for wheelies from a dead stop. Its too long and heavy to be used like a "stunter" and the shaft final drive might limit the chassis response when compared to a chain drive, lighter sportbike. OTH, it does have the power and torque to raise the front from 20 mph-or-so and a qualified rider could ride it on the rear wheel. One would have to be skillful when "landing" the front wheel because if not done with care, the weight of the bike will compress the front springs and cause undue leverage on the fork bushings and seals.

Assuming that all attempts at wheeies would be done on a "closed course" or private roadway, it has been rumored that some have merely used a full throttle application from 20 mph and the FJR has pulled a wheelie. I've also read reports that some have done the same thing in 2nd gear, but the addition of a Power Commander would probably adjust the fuel ratio/hp/torque curve so that the desired effect could be adjusted at a different point in the rev. band.

YMMV
I am not sure what a "troll " is being a FNG . I am not a stunter but like doing " power wheelies " out of tight corners at 20-30 mph . I have done it om my previous FJ's and 82 seca turbo . Full on ballance wheelies are difficult as you cant see around the fairing ! The bike is as you say not degined for that type of riding but I love it any way .

Yes ,I should know better or ride my dual sports . Thanks for your input.