Removing gas tank trim

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustHoward

Reaction score
I'm trying to install the second look tank skin that I just purchased (2008 FJR1300A). The instructions call for the removal of the front seat and the silver plastic trim piece that goes around the bottom of the tank.

I have removed the two screws and two quick disconnects, but the trim piece seems to be held on from the front on each side.

Help! How do I get this trim piece off? Is there another screw or quick disconnect? Do I just yank?

Thanks.

I'm trying to install the second look tank skin that I just purchased (2008 FJR1300A). The instructions call for the removal of the front seat and the silver plastic trim piece that goes around the bottom of the tank.
I have removed the two screws and two quick disconnects, but the trim piece seems to be held on from the front on each side.

Help! How do I get this trim piece off? Is there another screw or quick disconnect? Do I just yank?

Thanks.
You have to gently pull back on the trim and then there two tabs one on each side, you gently pull on trim and it will release from the rubber groumets. I just installed mine today looks great.