Removing grips?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdc

Reaction score
I have order an antivibration device and was checking the grips earlier today to see how to install it inside the grip.

This is my grip and I thought taking the black-end out, I would see a 'tube'... but I did not.

What should I do now?

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Thanks!

Your new anti-vibration device may come with instructions..... normally just a swap with maybe a spacer or two depending on the design.

When I need to remove the grips, I put a blower attachment on my compressor hose, and blow air between the grip and the bar. A few tugs while the air's running and the grip comes off pretty easily.

Actually I do not need to remove the grip itself, I need to install this inside:

Vibranator.jpg

I imagine the package will have instructions...

Actually I do not need to remove the grip itself, I need to install this inside:
Vibranator.jpg

I imagine the package will have instructions...
I just installed a Throttlemeister and the instructions showed how to used an included tool to slide the core of the grip out. It was similar to uncorking a wine bottle.

I have order an antivibration device and was checking the grips earlier today to see how to install it inside the grip.
This is my grip and I thought taking the black-end out, I would see a 'tube'... but I did not.

What should I do now?

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Thanks!
When you loosen the screw in the end, don't take it all the way out, because that piece you saw inside the tube actually spreads out (expands) when the screw is tightened. Loosen the screw to the point where it almost comes out and you should be able to twist out the entire piece at once. Then you should see the tube.

Question: why do you need an anti-vibration device?

The original rubber internal will have to be removed first. The THROTTLEMIESTER uses much the same principal but you also get a throttle lock, it comes with a sleeve and screw thingybob to remove original rubber internal.

Regards

Surly

Last edited by a moderator:

What should I do now?

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0087.jpg

Thanks!
When you loosen the screw in the end, don't take it all the way out, because that piece you saw inside the tube actually spreads out (expands) when the screw is tightened. Loosen the screw to the point where it almost comes out and you should be able to twist out the entire piece at once. Then you should see the tube.

Question: why do you need an anti-vibration device?
When you get the vibranator it will have a tool to remove the threaded core. You will have to remove the core and slide the unit into the handlebar sleeve. Use hairspray to lube the rubber core. Spray on the heaispray and quickly slide in the core. You may need to use a rubber mallet to drive in the core. I just put them on my 07 and they work even better than heave bar weights.