Renewing the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Constant Mesh

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
What should Yamaha do to renew the FJR? They have made incremental changes but no significant changes to propel the model forward into the future.

Is it time for the engine to have a significant upgrade? Not larger necessarily, but a more exotic valve control system and head assembly?

I'd like to have a bit less engine vibration up to about 6K rpm, particularly for cruising speeds of 80 mph and below.

Last edited by a moderator:
They need to move the catalytic converter out of the header and into the muffler(s). That would remove the heat from under the bike where it pours onto the rider in traffic.

The cat needs to go in the end of the muffler so the FJR can have the same beauty mark that the C14 has.

I think this topic would fly better on Friday ;) :lol:

Adjustable Handlebars

Cruise Control

More efficient engine (fuel mileage increase!!!)

6th gear (keeping 1-5 the same ratio)

oh, and a coffee press would be nice too ;)

i think it should come with a custom fitted russell seat, cruise control and a diet coke dispencer

The cat needs to go in the end of the muffler so the FJR can have the same beauty mark that the C14 has.
I think this topic would fly better on Friday ;) :lol:
I agree that the bazooka on the C14 is ugly, but it's much easier to replace a muffler than the whole system.

oh, and a coffee press would be nice too ;)
And I like the coffee press idea. Maybe connected to a hydration system. :p

They need to get rid of the piston engine and go to a aviation-style turbine engine for truly smooth power and incomparable speed. Also would allow for almost unlimited electrical power for an array of farkles that would put a biz jet to shame.

They need to get rid of the piston engine and go to a aviation-style turbine engine for truly smooth power and incomparable speed. Also would allow for almost unlimited electrical power for an array of farkles that would put a biz jet to shame.
I was really looking forward to a rotary engine, not as noisy as turbine's tend to be.

Cruise control

Self cancel turn signals

Helmet lock

oh, and a clutch lever would be nice...

I think they just need to come up with a bigger selection of factory options. Like a factory passenger backrest that does not require a trunk and folds forward to double as a smuggler. "Slim" bags especially designed for commuters that act as laptop/brief cases. On board communications. Handlebars you can lower for those of us that prefer a sportier riding position.

The thing I like most about the FJR is its "convertability" I think they just need to enhance that.

1) Horn button located under left controler like the BMW's.

2) Easy place to access fuses.

3) Cruise control.

4) 6th gear / better fuel mileage.

5) Lower CG.

6) Inverted forks, help with front end issues.

7) More colors per year.

Optional: Ice maker.