Renewing the FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only thing it needs is a toliet paper dispenser for those oh sh*t moments we have when we get to twisting heavy on that right grip. :grin:

On a serious note, they should tap the knowledge and innovative minds on this forum and intergrate some of the farkles people add to their feejers. The zumo built in to the cockpit. HID lights, either as the main headlights or as secondary lights like some of the beemers have. Room on the handle bars to add hand guards would be nice for me since I ride at feezing temps early and late in the season. I think the little glove box is a little useless. If there was something else there like a ram mount for a machine gun maybe...

I believe Yamaha should supply each buyer of an FJR with a life-time supply of petrol. To include all owners of FJR's and their heirs. wilbur-j

I was really looking forward to a rotary engine, not as noisy as turbine's tend to be.
Nah, I had an RE5 back in the 70's. I know Mazda did some good stuff with the rotary in their cars, but it was way too heavy for a bike. The RE5 was overweight, under powered, and thirsty.

I would really like to see Yamaha add something like what Toyota did with TRD (Toyota Racing Development) Racing parts you could add that would not void your warranty that were all installed by the dealership when you buy the bike. BMW seems to do a better job of this. The vibrations bug me, not having a stock cruise control, and for sure a real 1400cc (not a 1350cc).