Reno Hilton WiFi

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epoche

Reaction score
Was going to bring my laptop, but a call to Hilton resulted in them telling me that their charge is $10.99/day!!

Most places I have stayed provided wireless services for free.

Thats insane!

I have a Sprint data card that i use... Worth the $$ to me.

You might be able to pick up a stray signal there though

Was going to bring my laptop, but a call to Hilton resulted in them telling me that their charge is $10.99/day!!
I'm surprised you don't have FJR of your's farkled for the net by now epoche

Haven't been to Reno before, but that is about the going rate in most cities these days.

I think I paid $9.99/day last time I was in Vegas

Quick Google finds, Free Wifi in Reno:

Walden's Coffeehouse - 3940 Mayberry Drive - 775.787.3307

Dreamers Coffeehouse & Deli - 27 South Virginia Street - 775-322-8040

Moxie Java - 465 South Meadows Parkway #21 - 775-852-0375

Nu Yalk Pizza - 3305 Kietzke Ln - 775-826-8508

Krispy Kreme Donuts - 5050 Kietzke Lane

Java Jungle Coffee House - 246 W. 1st Street - 775-329-4484

DISH Cafe - 855 Mill Street - 775-348-8264

BrewHouse Pub & Grill - 6395 S. McCarran Blvd. - (775) 828-2700

Bean Me Up Coffee & Tea - 1655 Robb Drive #2 - 775-624-2326

Fritz Bar and Grill - 1305 N. Virginia - 775-348-0808

Polo Lounge - 1559 S. Virginia St. - 775-322-8864

Nevada Museum of Art - 160 West Liberty Street - 775-329-3333

Sierra Spirit and RTC INTERCITY transit services in downtown Reno and between Reno and Carson City

Saint Mary's Hospital - throughout the entire Medical Center for patients, visitors and guests - 235 W. 6th St.

Sports West Athletic Club - 1575 S Virginia St - 775-348-6666

Univ. Nevada Reno Campus - if not a student you'll need a guest account to use the free Wi-Fi at the Getchell Library

Reno Mazda Kia - 2150 Kietzke Ln

Or search here for more

Looks like you can't move an inch and not find a wifi connection by this map :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That blows. I guess I have been lucky, but in my limited experience, I have had FREE wi-fi access at every hotel I have stayed at that had it.

$10.99/day? YGTBFK!

the more expensive the hotel, the more likely they will charge you for the internet. Go stay at Super 8 or Comfort Inn and you'll get a free connection. Stay at the Sheraton, Hilton, etc... and they'll bang you for $10 bucks more.

Newsflash: Bring your laptops, configured for wireless.... because I have been informed there are indeed a couple of hotspots that you can connect to that are available for us to use. Details when you check in...... B)

I, for one, am looking forward to no computer, email or innernet access for 10 days or so. Yes, yes, I know, you all are looking forward to that little time tid bit of TWNlessness, too - save it. :bleh: And, excpet for checking in to home, the bleeping cellie is getting the big ignore, too. Yo, 36 hours before launch! Woot!

Jeeze, just added 8lbs back in for my widescreen HP 17". Decisions decisions like whether to make a 50 run to Tucson this morning to replace a missing pinch clip on #3 throttle body air intake (Been absent for a month now), or ... Cell phone a must as wife worries about the heat factor--have Camel Back, wetted vest and an aqakening excitment of going to WFO-5. Tomorrow morning headed for Las vegas to meet up with other Feegers for an early start Thursday for Reno.

the more expensive the hotel, the more likely they will charge you for the internet. Go stay at Super 8 or Comfort Inn and you'll get a free connection. Stay at the Sheraton, Hilton, etc... and they'll bang you for $10 bucks more.
That's pretty much true. I travel all the time for work and generally stay in Hampton level hotels. (Super 8 is the bottom of the barrel although I found a nice one in nowhere Missouri recently). Its worse in resorts like Reno or Vegas, where the general MO is suck 'em in with a flashy room rate deal then nickel and dime 'em for flushing the toilet etc.

Holiday Inn Express, Hampton, Hilton Garden, Quality Inn, Days Inn, etc almost always have free broadband (usually wireless) because if you depend on business travelers for business, you won't survive without it. That's because us business travelers really need the access. We're addicted to it. For example, I'm in Richmond CA on business now and I'm logged in on their hardwired broadband network. I couldn't possibly get any work done if I didn't have access to the FJR For er I mean my email.

Decisions decisions like whether to make a 50 run to Tucson this morning to replace a missing pinch clip on #3 throttle body air intake (Been absent for a month now), or ...
Definitely blow off the missing pinch clip. Trust me. They truly are NOT needed; they are superfluous even when installed at the factory.

Warchild,

Hay thanks man. 2 hours I can now put to better use in getting ready to leave at 4:15 in the morning.

Thanks for all the time and effort you have put to making the WFO-5 a memorable happening.

Turn about is fair play. Will help with TBS Friday am and pm.

Greg, You too have a great ride over. Maybe we'll cross paths on the way. Leaving out of Tucson 5-5:30 Wed morning, with Doug, then hooking up with Peter & Chris (& Diana) for ride to Reno Thursday am--from Santa Fe Station.

Greg, You too have a great ride over. Maybe we'll cross paths on the way. Leaving out of Tucson 5-5:30 Wed morning, with Doug, then hooking up with Peter & Chris (& Diana) for ride to Reno Thursday am--from Santa Fe Station.
Well, I will be leaving Wed morning too. At about 4am. Unfortunatley, I will be caging it however.

Have a great trip out!