RenoJohn violates the Pacific NW ...Nice Long Weekend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RenoJohn

Reaction score
Lots of (good) real life stuff going on around here ...enough to cause me to miss the Run What You Brung Rally that had been on the calendar for about a year.

But, I was able to sneak a long weekend in and it was some great fun. Went up north and met up with some Stromers for good times, good roads and combined with the adventure to and from it was an awesome weekend.

Also, met up with a couple of forum Members: Gerry.GEG and Mark (Silver Bullet on the board here)

Nice to meet you Gerry - beautiful bike you got there.

Met Mark as a total freak encounter ....we stumbled into the same motel in Kellog Idaho. ...And, well the rest is history and some memories and lack of that will last forever. GREAT FUN DUDE

And another freak encounter which reminded me of Matt's interception with Paul P .......happened in Winnemucca NV

FULL RIDE REPORT WITH MANY MORE PICS HERE(CLICKY)

..And a few "teaser" pics below:

08IdahoStroming%20(21).JPG

08IdahoStroming%20(26).JPG

08IdahoStroming%20(77).JPG

Gerry and his good-lookin' 08FJR

IMG_0140%20(56).JPG

08IdahoStroming%20(8).JPG

08IdahoStroming%20(73).JPG

08IdahoStroming%20(74).JPG

Mark (Silver Bullet) and I violate Kellog Idaho

08IdahoStroming%20(81).JPG

08IdahoStroming%20(82).JPG

08IdahoStroming%20(84).JPG

FREEK encounter with Brian Roberts on the way home:

08IdahoStroming%20(97).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual, another fabulous ride and writeup by RJ. Makes me want to go look at V-Strom's! But I gotta say, that trike in Fernley is one fugly machine!

08IdahoStroming%20(93).JPG

Hey RJ, I KNOW this truck, if you get my drift! :rolleyes:

Excellent report RJ, and when Wabs is in my inventory, watch out dude...

You may need to practice your dirt skills..

....gauntlet thrown.. :rolleyes:

As usual, another fabulous ride and writeup by RJ. Makes me want to go look at V-Strom's! But I gotta say, that trike in Fernley is one fugly machine!
Yep, not often you can find things to make the strom look good ....and when you do, ya gotta take advantage and park next to them.

Excellent report RJ, and when Wabs is in my inventory, watch out dude... You may need to practice your dirt skills..

....gauntlet thrown.. :rolleyes:
Yep, I'm ready for that throw down -look forward to it!!! We'll definitely get some dirty fun in. Lots of areas of planet earth out there for us to explore.

Great stuff John. And to think as I pulled into that hotel I thought it was just gonna be another routine stop. Yeah, Riiiiiiigt. Tell ya what, the Visgoths sacking Rome got nothing on us, Kellogg will never be the same.

It was a pleasure to meet and ride with you. I'm counting on doing it again.

Mark

As always, a great report. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your riding experiences with all of us.
Scott, you should have been there. We certainly needed supervision. Of course, we likey would have drug you down into the dark murky deviant undercurrent that we were drowning in. It wasn't any Disney movie or child novel, more like Hunter Thompson meets David Lynch. But no acting, real life.

Great stuff John. And to think as I pulled into that hotel I thought it was just gonna be another routine stop. Yeah, Riiiiiiigt. Tell ya what, the Visgoths sacking Rome got nothing on us, Kellogg will never be the same.
It was a pleasure to meet and ride with you. I'm counting on doing it again.

Mark
Mark, well said, I don't think either of us, nor the town of Kellog had any idea what the consequences would turn out to be when we stumbled across each other at the same hotel. I mean, what are the odds of that??
And, then in no uncertain terms, we remodeled that place. The cost was high in casualties, certainly Kellogg is beyond repair, and I know it took each of us a lot of recovery time.

GREAT chance-encounter, great spending time with you, a partners in mischief!! Yep, pick the small town, throw a dart if you must ....and we'll meet up for a weekend of riding and silliness. I look forward to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That dog is probably as deaf as he is, lOL!

John, hopefully you can make it up here again next year and we'll advertise it even wider and double the size (maybe 20 riders!).

See ya.

Gerry

Great report.... the guy with the dog on his tank is classic :rolleyes:

Shit!!!!!!!!!

Only had half an hour,

Din' even get through the first page of "nudes" you suck John!!!

I expect pm's of the ladys ya ass!

:jester: