Replacement Bar ends

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmagg

Reaction score
I bought an '05 feejer with a Throttlemeister. Got home one night the cruise control (right hand) bar end had fallen off. I would like to replace with something other than Throttlemeister - As I understand it, there is a piece that has to be taken off in order to use the Throttlemeister, so I either need to replace that piece plus buy new bar ends - or find some bar ends that also require removing said piece.

My question - anyone have such parts for sale or know of some bar ends like Throttlemeister?

This place sells a "heavy" set and since they are also a Yamaha dealer, I'd bet they can get you the stock inserts, too. Call them rather than using the net so you can be sure you order the right parts. As an aside, they are involved with WFO-5 in Reno and an all around great dealership.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the original Top Gun End Weights from FJRGoodies.com:

fjr_end_weight_LG.jpg

I decided to powder-coat mine a nice gloss black:

ClutchSideInstalled.jpg

However, nowadays, FJRGoodies sells a new 2nd-generation Top Gun End Weight. This one has two machined grooves added for an aesthetic touch:

2ndGenLG.jpg

did you really notice a difference with the bar ends from manic salamander? Any down side to having them? How easy was the install?
Thanks
The Manic Salamander bar ends weigh in right at 1 lb. each, and vibration damping was noticeable once I put them on. Installation was 45 seconds per side - very straightforward.

Gee Warchild, I couldn't help but notice a red glow on the 2nd generation bar ends!

I wonder what in the world would cause them to glow bright red like that? Do you suppose there is some wierd science going on in the metal? :dribble:

Or, maybe you've been riding too close to Hanford again! :lol:

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll go with the Top Guns second gen. They do look pretty cool.