Replacement fender cover is how much?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbeebe31

Reaction score
Ok, so I know my new performance mods have made my bike faster, but now there's parts flying off? :blink:

Not really, but you know those little plastic covers that go over the hole where the side bags mount?

I've have had one with a 'weak' tab for quite a while and when I got back from a joy ride last night the left-rear one was missing. Dang it!!

I found out they are called "fender covers" and they are $34 bucks each!

Anyone know where I can get one or two for my '05 cheaper?

Thanks!

Ok, so I know my new performance mods have made my bike faster, but now there's parts flying off? :blink:
Not really, but you know those little plastic covers that go over the hole where the side bags mount?

I've have had one with a 'weak' tab for quite a while and when I got back from a joy ride last night the left-rear one was missing. Dang it!!

I found out they are called "fender covers" and they are $34 bucks each!

Anyone know where I can get one or two for my '05 cheaper?

Thanks!
Who have you called? Search the bin-o-facts for Gary McCoy with MonDak motorsports.

Who have you called? Search the bin-o-facts for Gary McCoy with MonDak motorsports.
I called Glen at Desert Valley (Sunnyside or FJR Goodies) as well as my local dealer.

Glen just got back to me and said he could do $26, so I may have to go that route.

I'll check Gary at MonDak too.

I was just really surprised how much one little piece of painted plastic is.

I called Glen at Desert Valley (Sunnyside or FJR Goodies) as well as my local dealer.

Glen just got back to me and said he could do $26, so I may have to go that route.

I'll check Gary at MonDak too.

I was just really surprised how much one little piece of painted plastic is.
I suspect you won't be able to beat Gary's prices anywhere else. You might want to get other common parts (filters, oil, spare windshield screws, etc) at the same time to save on shipping costs.

When I bought my used 06, it was missing the fender covers. I contacted Gary McCoy at Mondak Motorsports and was quoted the following:

4 required, 2 of each of 2 part numbers. List Price $13.36 ea, Discounted Price $8.02 each for a total of $32.08 for the set. These are Sept 08 prices by the way.

Be aware that if you are researching the Part Numbers online on a parts microfiche system. there are some errors in the part numbers, and the PN varies depending on the finish color. If Gary had shipped the P/Ns I had asked for, I would have had the wrong color items, as apparantly Mama Yama has not correctly updated the parts listings. Gary was aware of that problem and corrected the error before shipping to me, saving me a hassle.

That is the kind of service you can expect from him! He is excellent in my opinion.

Give him a call directly or e-mail him at the address posted here. Identify yourself as a member of this forum for the best discount.

Good luck!

Don

I suspect you won't be able to beat Gary's prices anywhere else. You might want to get other common parts (filters, oil, spare windshield screws, etc) at the same time to save on shipping costs.
I just called Mondak Motorsports and is seems Gary McCoy doesn't work there anymore.

Their parts department was too busy to take a call, they must be really good? :blink:

Fairlaner had some, so I'm going to take him up on his offer.

Thanks guys.

I just called Mondak Motorsports and is seems Gary McCoy doesn't work there anymore.

Their parts department was too busy to take a call, they must be really good? :blink:

Thanks guys.

Gary got canned again? Man.. what's going on here?

Thanks guys.

Gary got canned again? Man.. what's going on here?

That's interesting.

I just placed an order with him this afternoon.

At Mondak.

When you call, just ask for Gary McCoy. They'll send you right to him.

That's interesting.

At Mondak.

Wow that's weird. I spoke to a girl who answered the phone and asked for Gary McCoy. She put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and said, "um, he doesn't work here anymore, can I transfer you to parts?" I said yes, then she said, "um, they're really busy".

If Gary finds out, maybe that girl won't work there anymore. :rolleyes:

That's interesting.

At Mondak.

Wow that's weird. I spoke to a girl who answered the phone and asked for Gary McCoy. She put me on hold for a few minutes then came back and said, "um, he doesn't work here anymore, can I transfer you to parts?" I said yes, then she said, "um, they're really busy".

If Gary finds out, maybe that girl won't work there anymore. :rolleyes:
I just ordered parts from him today. Maybe the girl at the front desk is confused.