Replacement foam for jacket armor?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
Just donned my jacket for the ride home, felt something weird on my upper arm. Turns out the shoulder foam is in about 9 pieces.

Went to tourmaster.com and sure enough, they show replacement pads available, but not directly, the tell you to click "find a dealer." Well, one of the listed "dealers" is out of business, and the other doesn't seem interested in "parts" for gear.

Anybody know an online place for this? Can't seem to locate just the foam stuff anywhere, and I'd really hate to toss a $200+ jacket because I can't get an $8 piece.

Not sure about the Tourmaster, but you might want to check the dimensions on the TF3 armor pads that Aerostich sells online. Might be close enough where you could trim to fit.

Griff

Just donned my jacket for the ride home, felt something weird on my upper arm. Turns out the shoulder foam is in about 9 pieces.
Went to tourmaster.com and sure enough, they show replacement pads available, but not directly, the tell you to click "find a dealer." Well, one of the listed "dealers" is out of business, and the other doesn't seem interested in "parts" for gear.

Anybody know an online place for this? Can't seem to locate just the foam stuff anywhere, and I'd really hate to toss a $200+ jacket because I can't get an $8 piece.
Newenough.com sells the pads, they are more than 8 bucks though.

The shoulder pads are 7 bucks and change for the pair, specific for my jacket. :)

Shipping is actually more than that, though, so I may go ahead and check the condition of the elbow and back pads and order the set.

What pisses me off is I just washed the jacket, and I know I removed the back and elbow pads, but I think I ran the shoulders through the machine!

(For the curious, I washed the jacket after spraying gas on myself when I almost dropped the nozzle one day. Interesting, standing there waiting for the headers to light the bike on fire, which fortunately didn't happen.)

From a description of the jacket:

"- Removable, CE-approved elbow, shoulder and back protectors."

The foam is also supplemental to hard armor on the jacket shoulders, and the jacket's been down twice, still wearing it, so they work!

Oh, and the 8 bucks is the price Tour Master lists on their web site for the replacement foam, even though they won't sell it from there.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a description of the jacket:"- Removable, CE-approved elbow, shoulder and back protectors."

The foam is also supplemental to hard armor on the jacket shoulders, and the jacket's been down twice, still wearing it, so they work!

Oh, and the 8 bucks is the price Tour Master lists on their web site for the replacement foam, even though they won't sell it from there.
Parts Unlimited (normally, wholesale)/Dennis Kirk (retail arm) has many CE approved jacket armor products in their respective catalogs (paper and on-line).

Also, some are in the price range you mentioned.

I think the 'Stich items may be pretty much Aerostich-specific?

good luck

FWIW to anybody out there, found exact replacements here, along with numerous other pieces that might be what you need. You don't have to buy whole sets (back, elbow, shoulder) like you do other places, or with "generic" armor sets.

Last edited by a moderator: