Replacement Tool Kits

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FiveG

Reaction score
My previously loved 2007 FJR did not have the tool kit. Anyone know where you can get one, or some aftermarket kit that would fit in the same spot but have more useful tools?

Looks like the part number for the OEM kit is 5JW-28100-00-00. I found it in the "Fender" fiche ('cause that sense?)

There are kits here from basic, to complex, with corresponding pricing.

Rider Warehouse

More here: Cal Sport? (enter 'tool kit' in the search, then scroll down to see the various offerings past the tire kits)

There are kits here from basic, to complex, with corresponding pricing.Rider Warehouse

More here: Cal Sport? (enter 'tool kit' in the search, then scroll down to see the various offerings past the tire kits)
I use the CruzTOOLS Roadtech M3 Tool Kit it is really nice and has most of what you'd need on the side of the road. And the Amazon.com price is cheaper than Aerostich. I supplement it with a pair of wire cutters and a few feet of wire and some quick connects. This kit folds up small enough to fit under the space behind the rear seat, up against the frame holding the tail-light on a GenII.

There are kits here from basic, to complex, with corresponding pricing.Rider Warehouse

I use the CruzTOOLS Roadtech M3 Tool Kit it is really nice and has most of what you'd need on the side of the road. And the Amazon.com price is cheaper than Aerostich. I supplement it with a pair of wire cutters and a few feet of wire and some quick connects. This kit folds up small enough to fit under the space behind the rear seat, up against the frame holding the tail-light on a GenII.

+1

in addition, I carry a Cruz Metric Multi Tool which fits easily in a tank bag

Outback'r M14 for Metric Vehicles

om14.jpg

I can attest to the flexability of the tools JamesK carries on his FJR. We were on aa ride together and the deadly spider reared it ugly head and killed his bike. He removed the tank and seats, found the faulty spider, repaired it temporarly and was able to get back home on the other side of Florida. There really is almost everything you will need between these two kits. I say almost because you can always find a use for something you left in your garage. LOL