Replacement Windshield

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRbobliz

Reaction score
We just returned from approx. 6,000 km. trip and the stock windshield doesn't cut it due to wind buffeting at any height! Anyone have a recommendation for an after-market windshield to cure this problem?

The windshield preference runs the course, seems most depending on you height and reach. I've also found that the helmet has a bearing on the buffetting. When I owned a Symax, it was way worse than the Bell M4 I usually wear now. I'm about 6 feet and run the Rifle Sport w/ the tuning block. Pretty good all around.

We just returned from approx. 6,000 km. trip and the stock windshield doesn't cut it due to wind buffeting at any height!  Anyone have a recommendation for an after-market windshield to cure this problem?
Try the Saeng Ta MicroSwirl edging...it works for me!

https://www.saeng.com/4000.htm
Does the Saeng Micro-Swirl edging get in the way of your vision? I've considered getting it but I hate to throw my money away. BTW I'm 6'5" and have a 4+2+ CeeBailys screen and I still get a smidge of buffetting at freeway speeds.

Does the Saeng Micro-Swirl edging get in the way of your vision? I've considered getting it but I hate to throw my money away. BTW I'm 6'5" and have a 4+2+ CeeBailys screen and I still get a smidge of buffetting at freeway speeds.

It IS obviously there, so I can see that it might bother someone. It has never been a problem for me.

Ditto on the SAENG-TA Micro-V edging, I have the stock windshield with the edging and it is now usable in the up position at highway speeds and including shipping costs about $60.00. Well worth the money! :p The edging does not affect vision and most people think it is stock. Go to FJR Forum>FJR Technical Forums>Parts & Accessories and scroll down to Motolights and see the third picture from the top for a view with the stock w/shield with edging :D

Chris

Thanks for all the info! What experience does anyone have from a passenger perspective re windshields? We usually tour two-up: I have 6' legs with a 33" inseam in a 5'7" ish upper body for an overall height of 5'9". My wife is 5'3". When we are seated on a level surface our head heights are about the same.

Be interested to hear comments on Givi and Cee Bailey windshields?

fjrbobliz