Replacing the throttle-body vacuum caps?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potential

Reaction score
I lost one of the caps when attempting to do my first throttle-body sync, and will probably lose another when I attempt to put them back on. But since I used pliers to remove them and since I hear that can damage them and lead to an eventual leak, I'll probably just replace them all. Anyone know if they can be replaced with some off-the-shelf thing, or would I need to order the official Yamaha part? What's the part number?

They're available at common auto parts stores. Just take one in with you to compare. Usually a few bucks for a 4 or 6.

As for Yamaha part number consult this FAQ where there are a variety of online fiches.

Just cut a piece of automotive vacuum hose and put a small screw in it for a temporary and/or long term fix. It may sound crude, but it works. I made one longer on purpose thats difficult to install.

OK, I bought a variety pack from Autozone; the blue ones seemed to fit OK, not quite as tight as the stock ones but they're on there, and they're easier to see now to boot. That #2 one (counting from the left) was a bitch to find and access the first time!

Latest posts