Rescue Tape

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Duluth Trading company sells it and I always wanted to order some... Let us all know what ya think of it please!

I have seen it at various trade shows and a survival shop in Boise, but never tried it.

Someone provided the same or similar tape to attendees of EOM three or four years ago. It works well for insulating electrical splices and seems waterproof. I use it sparingly and still have a little bit left.

Apparently it's the equivalent of duct tape, JB Weld, strapping tape, and gawdknowswhat. I'm going to find a roll (hopefully at an upcoming rally) and keep it handy.

I have a roll of it. It's another "tape like" product that works really great for certain uses. What I find neat is that it sticks to itself even under water.

I am going to use it for 'lectric so will let all know. Seems like for wiring on a bike it will do the job.

Thanks for the reply's.

Yes, used it many times, now becoming available everywhere in multi-colour packs..... it is stretchy, sticks to itself, but it meant to be removable too. If using for electrical, I would wrap the ends with regular electrical tape. It was originally marketed to wrap around plumbing leaks (of low pressure).