RESOLVED: SkooterG needed some help

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vectervp1

Reaction score
Folks SkooterG is in Southern California right now with a flat rear tire. He flew to NorCal to pick up a second FJR and got a flat coming home. Right now he's at the intersection of I-10 and SR243. If anyone is in the area and can lend some assistance, shoot me a PM or email and I'll send you his cell phone, or call and give him your contact information.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just spoke to Vector...Skooter was able to push to a gas station and they have a tire repair kit...Vector said that it looks like Mr. G will be OK with what the station has to offer.

Good luck Skoot. Vector, you've got my number in your PMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like Skooter has acquired a can of fix a flat and a sticky string repair kit. He’s going to see if he can fix the flat with the combination of the two. Hopefully in about 20-30 minutes I’ll be able to report that he’s back on the road. If not... GunMD may be heading down the road to help Skooter out!

It looks like Skooter has acquired a can of fix a flat and a sticky string repair kit. He’s going to see if he can fix the flat with the combination of the two. Hopefully in about 20-30 minutes I’ll be able to report that he’s back on the road. If not... GunMD may be heading down the road to help Skooter out!

Well hope it works out okay

It looks like Skooter is going to be OK. He managed to plug the leak and is back on the road. He said he was going to take a spare can of fix a flat with him and keep an eye on the tire the rest of the way home.

Thanks to everyone who responded and offered to assist Skooter. I'm sure he'll be online this afternoon and tell everyone all about it.

It looks like Skooter is going to be OK. He managed to plug the leak and is back on the road. He said he was going to take a spare can of fix a flat with him and keep an eye on the tire the rest of the way home.
Thanks to everyone who responded and offered to assist Skooter. I'm sure he'll be online this afternoon and tell everyone all about it.
Yeah, right after he's done purchasing a tire repair kit for the new Feej...

My Hero......

sktrman.jpg

......hope you get home safely, ya PITA!! :)

He left without his tire repair kit? Hell, I'da given him mine for the ride home if I'd known that... Oh well, he's a resourceful lad!

That's like driving a car without a spare tire. Good thing I don't see him as some kind of role model...

That should teach 'im, but I'm afraid it won't.

ok, sounds like a topic of a new thread.

maybe one of you admins or LD types could start it:

"What I carry to fix flats" or "better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it" etc...

thanks

I'm not an L.D. guy, but I carry 2 different repair kits (plugs and string-type), an air compressor that plugs into my 12v outlet, and when travelling long distances (group rides, etc.) a can of fix-a-flat.

The repair kits are small and fit under the seat.

The compressor is from BMW and fits in the former "tool tray".

The fix-a-flat goes in the topcase (seat bag if packing for a "really long trip") or in one of the panniers.

I figure its best to have them with me and never use them.....

That's like driving a car without a spare tire. Good thing I don't see him as some kind of role model...
That should teach 'im, but I'm afraid it won't.
Hey! What's wrong with driving a car without a spare tire? I used to have one, but it came down to a choice between a couple of Brax amps and a spare tire. And I can't remember the last time I got a flat tire in a car (1).

Bob

Huntington Beach, CA

(1) Well, other than the time that I didn't notice the median while making a left turn and blew out both left side tires on the car. But that doesn't count............... :blink:

Hey, I'm slow.

Had I known yesterday I woulda been there with my Stop'n Go pronto.

Hope Skoot made it home OK.

GZ