Results of French GP!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockymntfjr

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]ADMIN EDIT! [/SIZE] Do NOT put race results in the topic line!

Way to go for the big Y! That was a great race. I can't belive Lorenzo, 2nd with two broken ankles, what a animal. Looks like the doctor is back in the office. Good to see Collin on the podium.

Any one goin to World Superbike and AMA at Miller? I'm riding out on the 28th, cain't wait. Suould be some great racing. I'm going to camp at the track. I have never been there, how is it?

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Posting results in the subject line really sucks. A lot of us record these things for later.

The rule on this and every other motorcycle forum I go to is to put the name of the race and the word "spoiler" in the subject line if you're going to discuss race results in the thread.

Yeah, thanks loads.

Never ever ever do that again. :angry:

Put a subject like "French GP results - SPOILER" so that's all a person sees browsing the forums.

You work for Yahoo, right? Put sports results on the main page so the recordings I want to watch when I get home are worthless?

(Just kidding about that last part.)

Wow!

Ease up boys, things shouldn't get that serious. Please don't come down on me like that or will start thinking about going back to Harleys (at least they respect eachother). Thanks and be real careful.

Snowman

Wow! Ease up boys, things shouldn't get that serious.
Negative! :angry:

Some of us take our racing VERY seriously... I had it taped and was going to watch it tonight. Guess I won't bother now.... thanks for that. :glare:

[SIZE=14pt]DO NOT put race results in the topic again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]ADMIN EDIT! [/SIZE] Do NOT put race results in the topic line!

Way to go for the big Y! That was a great race. I can't belive Lorenzo, 2nd with two broken ankles, what a animal. Looks like the doctor is back in the office. Good to see Collin on the podium.

Any one goin to World Superbike and AMA at Miller? I'm riding out on the 28th, cain't wait. Suould be some great racing. I'm going to camp at the track. I have never been there, how is it?

Andy
I think this is the first time that Yamaha has filled the podium in the premiere class. Great Job Yamaha.

Lemans_2008_motogpPodium.jpg

Good on ya Yamaha

Bad on you rockymntfjr for posting race results. It's a FNG mistake!

Looks like an area of the forum that isn't going to be much help to me. Seems like there are some attitudes floating around in here. I am out.

Snowman

Dude, there's no reason to take your toys and go home. The original post got blasted for a very big netiquette violation, learn from it and move on. There's nothing wrong with posting a result, but it should be done in a way that doesn't reveal the result to casual browsing, the way it's been edited now by admins. You want respect, then respect the process. If it's new to you, then learn and move on. That's not just here, you'd have got the same thing on ANY forum for that style of post.

Not a single response had any attitude just for the sake of attitude. NOBODY likes to stumble across a result that they haven't been able to see yet, for whatever reason.

Never ever ever think we don't respect each other in here. This is the most useful motorcycle forum I've ever seen, and although I've only personally met 3 or 4 people here, there's not a one of them I wouldn't go way out of my way to assist if they had need.

Looks like an area of the forum that isn't going to be much help to me. Seems like there are some attitudes floating around in here. I am out.Snowman
Don't worry about it, this forum is full of uptight twats that aren't smart enough to avoid racing sites/forums/topics after a big race.

Guess what? The purpose of this topic is to DISCUSS MOTORCYCLE RACES! Don't be surprised if someone mentions motorcycle race results!

I don't read RoadRacing World, MotoGP.com, or Superbike Planet for the same reason. People need to grow up.

Looks like an area of the forum that isn't going to be much help to me. Seems like there are some attitudes floating around in here. I am out.Snowman
Don't worry about it, this forum is full of uptight twats that aren't smart enough to avoid racing sites/forums/topics after a big race.
No.........he still has to worry about it....as do you.

THREAD TITLES cannot have race results. It's very simple.

It is incumbent upon thread starters to not spoil the race with a spoiler in the thread title....and if somebody can't follow that policy they will jeopardize their forum privledges.

Word.

Guess what? The purpose of this topic is to DISCUSS MOTORCYCLE RACES! Don't be surprised if someone mentions motorcycle race results!

I don't read RoadRacing World, MotoGP.com, or Superbike Planet for the same reason. People need to grow up.
Superbike Planet has had a long term policy of not putting results in the article headings.

Roadracing World, after a recent heavy response from readers, has elected to do the same.

These 2 sites have information outside of just the weekend race activities, so, it's nice to be able to go to those sites and catch up on the other news without having the results plastered in the article headings.

Motogp.com is a different story. Don't know what information you would get there other than MotoGP results.

I know that if I go to motogp.com late on race day, they're gonna have the results all over the place.

It's simply a matter of knowing what to expect. Just like RRW and Soup, many race topics are discussed here - not just the days races. I know that if I see 'Spoiler' in the title, I won't open it if I don't want to know the results.

You're absolutely right - the purpose of this section is to discuss motorcycle races. I'm not surprised to see somone mention race results, but, is it really that big of a deal to put 'Spolier' in the heading line and have the discussion within the post rather than in the topic?

Don't worry about it, this forum is full of uptight twats that aren't smart enough to avoid racing sites/forums/topics after a big race.People need to grow up.
No no no, it simply doesn't work that way. As has been stated here already, what took place in the original topic title was unbelievably bad form. Uptight? I don't think so, but since you've been here for nearly a year now I'm sure you know everyone here much better than I do, right? And I'm sure you've been to tons of FJR related functions and personally met hundreds of the members of this forum, right? Mmmm...I thought so. WE need to grow up? Oh, the irony. "Hello Kettle? Yeah, this is The Pot...You're black!"

As for you assumption that people can simply avoid the racing area of this forum, think again. Had you been here long enough to learn about the "View New Posts" button you'd know that, for many of us, the most efficient way to browse this forum is by clicking the aforementioned link (button). By utilizing this excellent feature we are able to see of the the posts that have been created since our last visit. This includes posts about races.

Do try and keep up.