Retrofit/Aftermarket Toe Sliders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackarrow

Reaction score
I have a pair of clodhoppers currently ensconced in Size 14 Setup Sunrise boots. I grind my boots quite a lot. Actually a recent inspection was shocking in terms of how much was gone; they will surely die before their time at this rate. I make an attempt to keep the feet tucked in and high but to little avail. To be perfectly honest, in some ways I kind of like touching down boot first as a kind of a distant early warning system.

Maybe I haven't looked well enough, but I haven't seen toe sliders except as replacements for very expensive boots which come standard with them, which I may be in the market for soon if a retrofit compromise solution can't be found.

So anyone else solve this issue?

Thanks! Geez, I never heard of that stuff! Maybe I lie. I walked in on my very eccentric organic chemistry professor once when he was spreading a substance on his shoes and muttering to himself. That's what I love about this forum; the incrdible body of experience from throttle body syncs to shoe goo.

You can move your feet back to the passenger pegs while going through a turn.

You can try sliding off the seat , which will allow the bike to be more upright at a given speed.

Or go to a metal shop and have them make you steel toe cups to screw into the shoe.

I would actually just suggest pulling you big ass feet back on the pegs so just the toes are on the pegs when cornering...which is what most do before buying rearsets. ;)

KM

You can put something like toe sliders on your boots, but if they have been dragging enough that a significant amount of boot has actually been worn away, you'll probably be dragging those toe sliders pretty hard, as they'll stick out more than the original boot did. Maybe changing your foot position is the way to go.

I mean, if you start wearing down your peg feelers, you don't replace them with longer feelers, do you?

10-4 on the foot position. Ball of your foot on the peg surface, slide a cheek off the saddle, shoulders out. Let's you use leg strength to adjust your line through the corner, too. I have Daytona boots with toe sliders, and they rarely touch. Pegs are taking kind of a beating, but I use that to indicate that my limit is very near.

+1 on the Shoo-Goo. Good stuff for many things.

Any shoe repair shop will put taps on the toes of your boots for very little cost, and think how cool you'll sound. But I'd be more concerned about folding my feet back in a way nature never intended in some turn. Lee Parks' "Total Control" class teaches "10 Steps for Proper Cornering."

"Step 1: Repositon (inside) Foot.

- Be on the balls of your feet for maximum leverage (for footpegs)

- Don't let any part of your foot touch the ground"

I won't tell you the other nine steps. I paid hundreds of dollars for that information.