Reviews For Yamaha Touring Trunk?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ari Rankum

NAFO Karting Champion, 2012
Reaction score
Anybody who owns one, or an alternative, got anything good or bad to say about Yammie Touring Trunk for FJR? I mean, besides price of almost $700 when you include mounting kit.

Thanks in advance.

I recall seeing a similar thread to this a few months back. There was a good bit of feedback there, so a search might give you faster answers.

I have the Yamaha trunk on my '05. Works OK, but not impressed with the mounting system at all. Also did not like drilling holes in the blue painted tail piece with no template provided in the instructions. That got a little ugly, lucky the mount plate hides it. If I had to do it again, I'd look at something else.

Go "GIVI"Well made product, comes in various sizes (45 liter most popular), and the mounting system is strong.

https://www.giviusa.com/
+1 the Givi.

I just got a E52 off the board here (thanks, Maurice) for my 05 and I love it. Looks sleeker and seems better attached to the bike than the Yammie trunk I had on my 03. Also like the potential for a brake light and rack. Future purchases. The two trunks have very different looks. See which you like.

For the money, I'd go Givi.

Jim

06 Yamaha FJR Top Bag

Pluses:

• One key opens all three bags.
  • The color matches the rest of the bike.
  • Install is pretty straight forward. A drill bushing is included, but a 6mm drill and a T10 security Torx driver will be needed.
Minuses:
  • Looks gay
  • Two of the six screws needed to attach the backrest are about .175" (4.5mm) too short, and this is discovered after six holes have been drilled in the case. Still pissed about that.
  • The storage is limited. I can fit my helmet plus maybe a windbreaker in there.
  • The cost is ridiculous.
GIVI E52 Maxia
  • Pluses:
  • Roomy! Two helmets easily fit.
  • The optional break light is nice. Be sure to get it at time of purchase. It's easier than adding it later.
  • Price is right. Even with the break light, it's half the price of the Yamaha bag, and twice the value.
Minuses
  • Looks gay
  • You'll have to carry two keys, one for the bike and one for the GIVI