Rhino Tire - Teak proof tires

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

happyPuppy

Reaction score
This is a very interesting concept that seems very cool. Watch the video at

I wonder if it screws up balance or if it is possible to come decoupled from the tire? It sounds great , however.

I have "Ride On" balancer/flat preventor in my bike tires which is a superior product (don't ever use Slime or Fix A Flat unless last resort - Prestone is the best fix a flat product which uses no latex.

Ride on:

Mine takes 9oz rear tire and 7oz front tire per Ride On chart, so 2 8oz bottles just makes it

https://www.ride-on.com/test_motorcycle.asp testimonials

https://www.ride-on.com/prod_mot.asp info

https://www.ride-on.com/pdf/Motorcycle_Kit.pdf doseage tables for all bikes

https://tinyurl.com/d5neha can purchase on ebay if you wish instead from factory

I want all of my tires "teak" proof. Otherwise they feel a little wooden at turn-in and transition. :blink:
:lol: I was gonna ask what "teak" proof was but was afraid that I'd get razzed for being a dunderhead... :D
shoot (pun intended), I was loading the dunderhead guns with fresh ammo <sigh> :rolleyes:

Ok .... my 3.0 reading glasses were no where to be found :blushsmiley: I have used Ride-on before and it worked well. I pulled out 2 screws out of the rear tire after a ride and no leak or other repair was needed.

Ok .... my 3.0 reading glasses were no where to be found :blushsmiley: I have used Ride-on before and it worked well. I pulled out 2 screws out of the rear tire after a ride and no leak or other repair was needed.
We've all BTDT!

I'm pleased with myself that I beat Tyler to the response. ;)

I want all of my tires "teak" proof. Otherwise they feel a little wooden at turn-in and transition. :blink:
:lol: I was gonna ask what "teak" proof was but was afraid that I'd get razzed for being a dunderhead... :D
And next thing you know, there'd be a thread on which teak oil is best (and we all that where that lead, straight to NEPRT..!) :D

This is a very interesting concept that seems very cool. Watch the video at

I have a new Dunlop Roadsmart rear tire with the rhino treatment. I watched as the hot liquified Rhino compound was applied inside the tire. The tire is then spun until the compound solidifies. Thus the Rhino coating is evenly dispearsed inside the tire & partially up the sidewall. The tire is then mounted & balanced in the normal way.

I have put 2k on the tire since without any problems. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah yes. I'd forgotten about that post. And looking back, nobody ever answered Skootie's question about why those inner pads wore so damn fast. Sure makes me want to go out and check my brake pads though... :unsure:

Does anyone know the coupon code for the 20% and free shipping from Rhino Tire? I am going to pick up a set of Avon's with it inside.

The problem I see potentially is with Ride-On or Slime, is if it does not work ( maybe too big of a leak) can it be plugged with string or a plug? It seems to me it could act as a lubricant and lead to a fairly high speed deflation. I think the Rhino liner sounds better. I just carry a 12v pump and string kit, I have used Ride-On and it worked well and I pulled a couple screws out from a construction site and the tire was OK after.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem I see potentially is with Ride-On or Slime, is if it does not work ( maybe too big of a leak) can it be plugged with string or a plug? It seems to me it could act as a lubricant and lead to a fairly high speed deflation. I think the Rhino liner sounds better. I just carry a 12v pump and string kit, I have used Ride-On and it worked well and I pulled a couple screws out from a construction site and the tire was OK after.
Here's the other problem: How many tires do you get punctures on? Yet you have to treat them all to get the benefits of the Rhino juice, whether you ever actually make use of the stuff or not. OTOH, a string and pump kit can just be be tucked away for the eventual rainy flat tire day.

Cheap bastards use string plugs!

I was nearly interested in this until I saw the prices they wanted for their tires with the liner already in them. Since I don't live near a dealer that would be the only way I could get it. Holy Shit! They must use gold fibers in that stuff. As Fred just pointed out, that's pretty expensive "insurance". I think I'll just take my chances with my plug and compressor kit.