Richs Custom Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seahag

Reaction score
I stopped by the local bike shop today in search of new pants. There was an '04 FJR that they just got in yesterday that's sporting a Rich's Custom Seat. The seat looked flawless and it had been customized for both the driver and passenger. I asked the manager of the shop if he was interested in swapping my factory seat plus $$$ for the seat. He has agreed to do the swap for $300 plus my seat. I asked about the previous owner and he said the gentalman was about my height plus or minus a few pounds.

I looked at Rich's website and for both the driver and passenger, it's looking like it would be about $800 to do the upgrade depending on the materials. Having said that, does this seem like a good idea and deal considering the seat was customized for another person? It seemed very comfortable and is to my liking.

Would you take this deal?

See if the manager will let you do a test ride with it on your bike to see if it fits properly. The price seems reasonable even if you have to take it to Rich's and have them customize it some more for you.

See if the manager will let you do a test ride with it on your bike to see if it fits properly. The price seems reasonable even if you have to take it to Rich's and have them customize it some more for you.
Good points Auburn...didn't even think getting it customized for my riding position / style if isn't 100% to my liking.

Not to be a puss, but I have zero interest in riding tomorrow as it is supposed to be like today... low 50's and pissing rain. I could tell just by sitting on it at the shop that it was way more comfortable than the factory seat.

Get a Russell Day Long. You will not regret it. I have had four on my last four bikes and they ALWAYS fit.