Rick Mayer Dual Leather Seat

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RacinRay

Living The Dream
Reaction score
:D I finally received my seat from Rick Mayer Cycle. It took a lot longer than expected to arrive but part of the delay was my fault (a misunderstanding regarding the seat pan deposit). And, Rick threw in a t-shirt, flashlight, and a tub of leather conditioner to make up for the delay.

Anyway, fit and finish look good and the leather is soooo soft. I took a two hour ride after dinner and was very pleased. The seat keeps me back off the tank and has good overall support. The stock seat crushed my nads against the tank.

I'll post pics and a more extensive review after I get a few miles in this weekend.

Got my Rick Mayer seat about a month ago. The following weekend made a 2500+ mile trip around the Grand Canyon, through Death Valley and back. Rick's seat is much better than the stock. The leather is a nice touch, although I do slide forward in the seat a little too easy!

I went with the basket weave vinyl. I've got a little over 1K miles on it now, and I love it. Comfy all through last weekend's 12 hour rally. I like the way it looks, too.

Here are a few:

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0091.jpg

Looks just like mine! :D I had recently sent mine back to Rick after WFO for a few "tweaks"... happy to say that the issues I had didn't seem to crop up during the trip to, around, and home from B'ham (1700 miles).

I went with the basket weave vinyl. I've got a little over 1K miles on it now, and I love it. Comfy all through last weekend's 12 hour rally. I like the way it looks, too.
***PICTURES*** :clapping:
The vinyl's not as pretty as the leather, but the basic shape is the same. I'll take some pics and post once I get it back from the shop (it's in line waiting for new shoes).

Got my seat today! Put it on and promptly took a ride. I really like it ALOT. It's the dual leather one and looks just like RacinRay's pic above. It took longer than I liked (mailed it out on Nov. 26th). I have to say the time got me frustrated but when I saw it today that all went away. It is a beautiful job with excellent workmanship. I don't feel any hotspots and I feel even support all under. It is truly a great seat. And it feels a little lower than the stock seat. I think I will raise it up on the higher factory setting.