Rick Mayer Seat arrived

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Q

Reaction score
seatphoto.jpg

First ride today wow much better. Did not go far enough for a real test but it is more comfortable for sure.

is that seat still adjustable? How tall, what inseam, how much do you weight, and what seat position? I'm trying to convice myself to buy another seat before the X Country voyage in 2011

You send in seats pans or your seats, pictures and your measurements then they custom build it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i understand that, i wondered what your measurements are so i can compare them to mine to see if this seat would be something i should look into. is that seat still adjustable?

i understand that, i wondered what your measurements are so i can compare them to mine to see if this seat would be something i should look into. is that seat still adjustable?
To be honest, his measurements don't actually matter. Rick will try to build it to fit your measurements. There are people of all shapes and sizes on the board with his saddle. Also check out Bill Mayer (made by brother Rocky) and Russell (designed by dad Bill). All three shops build to fit your measurements and have similar winged shapes. All three have lots of fans.

The pattern on your seats..you ask for it special? Mine came plan jane :angry:

I am 6=01 about 225. Yes the seat is still adjustable just like factory. The basketweave is one of the materials they offered and they had a pic in their examples. I liked it si I ordered them that way.

I have the basket weave but its just plain jane without the stiching across the seat..to hold your..in place.

Does this raise your riding height at all? I've put a Cee Bailey 2+2 windshield on to help push the air over my helmet. With the stock seat in the lowered position, the windshield does just enough, fully raised, when on the highway for hours. I'd be disappointed if I order one of these new seats (trying to figure out if I should do Russell Day Long, Mayer, etc), and then find that it raised me an inch or two and the wind buffeting is a problem.

Appreciate any input.

thx,

I have a +4 CeeBaileys and Im 6-01. It lowered my ride height cause I was using an airhawk...Its not taller than the stock seat IMO.