• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Rick Mayer seat Gen II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

semongtaulie

Reaction score
I have a black leather, Rick Mayer front seat for a Gen II that I'd like to sell. It's very comfortable but I'm trying a Corbin to compensate for my 29" inseam. Seat is in very good condition, no rips, tears, etc. There is a very small dimple where evidently I sat something on the seat but that should come out.

I can't seem to get the Photobucket img code to post on here anymore so please message me with your email address and I'll get you some pics.

$250, Paypaled (Personal) and shipped in the CONUS. Please PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
why is this still here?
It's not.
wink.png

And thanks for the bump, I missed this the first go around.
biggrin.png

Good seller, fast prompt shipment, item arrived exactly as described. Great communication!

Glad you got it sold, butt I have a question?

Aren't these Rick Mayer seats custom made for your ass, your legs and your riding position?

I wonder how they work wit a different ass, different leg and different riding position (Arms, trunk length etc...)

Not trying to come across as an ass but I'm curious how many have bought someones custom seat and ended up happy or ended up needing more work to make it fit?

Aren't these Rick Mayer seats custom made for your ass, your legs and your riding position?

I wonder how they work wit a different ass, different leg and different riding position (Arms, trunk length etc...)

Not trying to come across as an ass but I'm curious how many have bought someones custom seat and ended up happy or ended up needing more work to make it fit?
I bought my Feejeer used with a Rick Mayer and it was ok(way better than stock) but I bumped into Rick in Quincy a year after I bought the bike. He said it was made for an ass smaller than mine-thanks Rick.
uhoh.gif
Anyway he does alterations so I did a ride in soon after that and the seat was much better. I liked it for 90k miles and even sold both front and rear seat after the bike was totaled.

That is true, and probably part of the reason it's sold and part of the reason it's not going to work 100% for me. But for the price (And I got to keep my stock seat for commuting) it'll work MUCH better than the stock one. I still need to get an adjuster plate for the bars but I needed that with the stock seat anyway.

Plus, I figure, when I can finally afford a full custom seat, I bet I can pretty much sell this one for what I've got into it, or get it modified and come out ahead in the long run. Either way, my trips this summer will be much more comfortable.

If the seat was made with a deep bucket it's less likely to work across body shapes. I inherited a Rick Mayer made for a slightly longer person but since it's level and shallow it works great for me.

I bought a used Rick Mayer here on the forum a couple of years ago. The colors didn't match my Black on black 09 (seat was two tone grey) and was a little worn out. No tears or anything, just showing its age and lack of weather protection at what might have been some prime moments.

I am not sure what the previous owners stats were, but I got pretty darn lucky. The most comfortable seat I have ever imagined. I recently completed a saddle sore 1000, with a 7 hour hotel stop. The seat allowed me to stop for fuel and healthy snacks for 9 minutes max, then off again.

I paid $300 for the seat, had it re-covered this past winter and he added some padding up front to keep me from sliding forward, for $250. (It is now brand spanking new)

Best $550 I've ever spent.