Riding Pants for Ladies

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brazos parker

What??
Reaction score
My wife (a non-rider) said she will start riding w/ me as soon as I get her all the protective gear. She's heard me say "Dress for the slide, not the ride." many times. So far, we've bought her an HJC helmet, Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket and Joe Rocket gloves. Now, we're looking for riding pants. None of the local shops we've visited have a good selection for women riders. I looked on-line at NewEnough.com and found that Joe Rocket doesn't make Alter Ego pants for women...only men. And, according to NewEnough, only in 31.5" inseam. I'd like to get her some multi-purpose pants like the Alter Ego to ride in. She thinks a "men's" in the Alter Ego pants would not fit her (5'5", ladies size 6).

Can someone suggest some riding pants for women that might "fit the bill."

TIA.

Hello,

Just went through this with mine. I ended up getting her the JR Cleo Jacket for the summer...since I think she will ride more often in hot weather than in cold...it does have a liner and should could wear something under it if its a chilly...however I may have to get something warmer later. I also ordered the Cleo mesh pants with them (newenough.com). She did try on and like the Ballistic pants from JR, you may want to try those as they should fit the Alter Ego Jacket (as would the cleo)...and they look pretty good. I havent received the Cleo Pants yet...once I do i'll let you know what we think. Anyway hope that helps a bit.

Well, Lorie has the First Gear Mesh Tex II (as do I). These are designed to be worn w/o trou underneath and do come in women's sizes. They aren't waterproof nor are they for colder weather. There is also the HT Air Overpant (I have these also). They have some mesh on them for hotter weather wear and also come with a liner that is "waterproof" and insulated. They are designed to be worn over pants. In fact I wore mine over my dress trou for this AMs ride. I like both of these pants. I don't understand why the summer ones only come in black (actually both are black), but there you go. I also don't understand why there's a connecting zipper on the back of the summer (Mesh Tex) and not on the HT Air pants. Bottom line is I like them both and I think Lorie is happy with her MT II. We bought these at NewEnough.com - good folks and great service.

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter likes her First Gear HT overpants. She wears them over shorts in the summer and puts the liner in for the cold weather. They are inexpensive, fit well, and are waterproof.

Hi there - blueliner's other half here. I have a Kawi 650R after a 500. I bought a pair of Joe Rocket pants and found out on the bike they rode up above my ankles, even though they fit great in the store. I ended up buying two pair of men's Fieldsheer pants, one textile, one mesh. The men's pants fit great, a little bigger around the waist area which is nice for longer rides, but they fit perfect just barely over my ankle boots on the end. Best suggestion is to try it on, even if you buy on line, find them in a store first to get the perfect fit. When trying them on, go sit on a bike, or if you are buying them at a accessory store do some deep knee bends, lunge type stretches, sit on a chair, stradle something, etc to check the fit.

A note by Blueliner: Tina is 5'5" and about a size 6 and she wears a mens 34 in Fieldsheer pants.

Please report on what you get and how it works, there is not much info available to help the women enthusiasts pick apparel.

We bought Roadgear pants for my wife (I can't remember exactly which ones they were at the moment but they cost about $140 or so), and she likes them fine except she wishes the front pockets had a velcro closure.

Draggin jeans $99 at the local (MY) BMW dealer Avail in womens sizes as well. I picked up a pair and like-em.

My wife (a non-rider) said she will start riding w/ me as soon as I get her all the protective gear. She's heard me say "Dress for the slide, not the ride." many times. So far, we've bought her an HJC helmet, Joe Rocket Alter Ego jacket and Joe Rocket gloves. Now, we're looking for riding pants. None of the local shops we've visited have a good selection for women riders. I looked on-line at NewEnough.com and found that Joe Rocket doesn't make Alter Ego pants for women...only men. And, according to NewEnough, only in 31.5" inseam. I'd like to get her some multi-purpose pants like the Alter Ego to ride in. She thinks a "men's" in the Alter Ego pants would not fit her (5'5", ladies size 6).
Can someone suggest some riding pants for women that might "fit the bill."

TIA.
Hey Mike,

My wife and I are in the exact same situation. I bought her a very nice Joe Rocket mesh jacket at the local Yamaha dealer but they have zero ladies pants in stock. She feels she doesn't want to buy any riding gear she can't try on first and around here that makes her options very limited. We found leather chaps and motocross pants and that's about it.

Have you looked at Ken's Cycle Center, (5510 Kingsport Hwy Gray , TN 37615 (423) 477-8596)? I bought a couple of helmets from him years ago but haven't been there in a long time.

Roger

FYI Roger, the Ken's in downtown Johnson City has more moto-parrel selection than the other ones, last I checked. It's got a seperate little shop off to the side for all the clothing.

Roger, haven't been to Ken's yet but last time I was there (2 months ago), it only had a small/no selection.

SnP, we've been in the shop you suggested (on Market St) and looked at 3 different styles of pants...none in the right size though.

I'm leaning toward the First Gear HT Air pants (mucho $$'s) but the wife unit is undecided...says she doesn't want to spring for that kind of expense until she's sure she'll like riding passenger.

Thanks guys,

My wife knows JC pretty well and says she would like to see what the Market St. store has to offer. I need to get the rest of her gear pretty soon. Summer's going to be gone before you know it.

I want to add that I really enjoyed riding with you guys the other day and hope we can all meet again at least during the EOM. I have been riding all around our region and to Shady almost every weekend. Twice this past Sat. and Sunday. No FZ1s or FJRs anywhere to be found ...had to follow a couple of Harleys through Stoney Creek and I think that may have damaged my lungs and hearing. :lol:

Anyway ... I hope to see you guys again soon.

Thanks again,

...and let me know what's going on Friday, Sept. 8th, so I'll know whether to schedule off work or not.

Roger

...ah, nevermind, I think I'll take off work anyway just to ride all day. I'll be over in Shady looking for you guys. I can't think of anything else I'd rather do.

Also, I did find a deal on a nice pair of Fieldsheer mesh pants for my wife at Jim's in Johnson City.