riding pants

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickysnickers

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a pair of the Firstgear Fuel pants. Does anybody have these? If so, how doyou like them? I also had kind of a dumb question. I've never owned a pair of actual riding pants, do you wear regular pants under them?

Rick

Yep, most of us wear something underneath textile riding pants. I usually wear shorts under my Motoport pants but sometimes long pants to reduce knee-chafe on my armor or if especially cold weather. On a really hot day I might strip off the riding pants when we're hanging out somewhere mid-ride.

I wear these under my Joe Rocket Ballistic pants. Not so much because the pants are chaffy but because they're clammy and it's hard to have too much padding. Not to hijack the thread but these shorts make a huge difference in seat comfort no matter which bike I'm on or what pants I'm wearing.

And just to show how easily I'm entertained...rickys nickers is asking about pants :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I wear these under my Joe Rocket Ballistic pants. Not so much because the pants are chaffy but because they're clammy and it's hard to have too much padding. Not to hijack the thread but these shorts make a huge difference in seat comfort no matter which bike I'm on or what pants I'm wearing.
And just to show how easily I'm entertained...rickys nickers is asking about pants :lol:

:)

Rick

First Gear overpants give you the best versitility. Protection, warmth and watrproof. I wear LD Comfort under gear. They come in shorts and long versions. Plus you can always wear jeans under. Full zippers on the Firstgear with great qulity. I have had a pair now for 4 years and still going strong.

I am thinking of getting a pair of the Firstgear Fuel pants. Does anybody have these? If so, how doyou like them? I also had kind of a dumb question. I've never owned a pair of actual riding pants, do you wear regular pants under them?
Rick
NO Nothing just go Comando

Rick
I have the Joe Rocket "Alter Ego" pants. These are great pants. I wear them over my jeans. They are waterproof and have a zip in insolated liner that I seldom need even in below freezing weather. They also have a zip out panel for ventilation. They are truly all weather pants. Give them a look you may change your mind.

+1 on the First Gear over paints, I wear them over jeans, warm and dry with liners, plus easy on easy off.