riding shoes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat C

Reaction score
I'm looking for a riding shoe, 3/4 length and have all day comfort something I could walk around in without changing to a sneaker, and won't break the bank. Is there such a thing?

Military boots. Cheap at army surplus store, good enough to walk around with all day, and pretty good protection.

I also recommend any boot recommended for swat teams/policemen.

My personal favorite are Converse side-zip swat boots with a sneaker sole. Easy on/off and EXTREMELY comfortable

Alexi

I agree! Military boots are great, not the solid leather kind I used to wear in the early 80's, but the newer model with the heavy nylon webbing. Very comfortable, plus they have a pretty low profile on the toe end....

Dr. Martens Steel Toe work books. Super Comfy and wide enough for my paddles, I mean feet.

367434_raw.jpg

I'm looking for a riding shoe, 3/4 length and have all day comfort something I could walk around in without changing to a sneaker, and won't break the bank. Is there such a thing?
I've got some cheap boots from Walmart, they are military style. So far I've been impressed with the waterproofness, I generally wear them all day (when I ride my bike to work, I rarely change into other shoes). I've had them for about 2 years now, and they are just starting to get worn (the tread is getting worn, the laces have worn out once, and one of them the little cushion bit at the very top has separated from my trying to pull the boot on without loosening the laces a few dozen too many times.

If these aren't available anymore, I'll probably check the surplus military boots at Fleet Farm.

Oxtar Matrix

they've since been bought out by someone but New Enough typically carries them at really good prices. I've worn then to work without a problem and, instead of shoes, you're looking at real riding boots.

--iupdate--

a quick google found they are now called TCX Matrix GTX boots. From there, I went to Newenough and found their most recent naming scheme.

https://www.newenough.com/boots/waterproof_...ycle_boots.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been wearing a pair of the predecessor to the Oxtar Jupiter 2 GoreTex Boots for four years now, and I like them. Great to walk in, water-proof, breathable, velcro lace covers, oil and fuel resistant, shift pad. They come in a couple of different styles.
oxtar_0603.jpg
+1...use these as well. Very comfortable...but not as protective as the Matrix boot I bet.

My first choice was the Oxtar matrix...but an ankle permanently swollen due to an injury means I have to use lace-up shoes as a zipper type boot like the matrix isn't comfortable for my swollen ankle.