Riding shorts, anyone tryed these??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smitty141

My name is Smitty.. And I have a motorcycle proble
Reaction score
Has anyone tryed this brand of under/ware??? Look very nice, butt @ $45.bucks a little expensive. If it helps your butt on a long day it would be worth it..

LD shorts

If you will check www.nashbar (bike nashbar) they have bicycle shorts on sale for $15.99.

In my experience with bicycle shorts is you get what you pay for. Motorcycle riding is not as hard on a short as bicycle riding (done both) and I get by fine with the light weight less expensive "store" brand. I've had the more expensive short, and they were worth it. But the $20-$30 ones were fine for a while.

Bike Nashbar has been a great company-- I haven't bought from them for a couple of years. B)

zzzzip said:
If you will check www.nashbar (bike nashbar) they have bicycle shorts on sale for $15.99.
In my experience with bicycle shorts is you get what you pay for. Motorcycle riding is not as hard on a short as bicycle riding (done both) and I get by fine with the light weight less expensive "store" brand. I've had the more expensive short, and they were worth it. But the $20-$30 ones were fine for a while.

Bike Nashbar has been a great company-- I haven't bought from them for a couple of years. B)
uh... www.nashbar.com

I have several pair from dirt riding. I find the problem with them is there padded. I have tryed them, and didn't care for them. The padding was on the thick side....

These are great riding shorts. Have used them for about threee years. I even have a pair of full length pants from LD comfort. I even like these better because it doesn't expose the legs on mesh riding pants to the hot air and heat>. Plus great for early morning and late night riding without need for adding or chnging clothing.

I have a pair of the LD shorts and like them. My only complaint is they are a little "thick" as in the weight of the material. Prefer Under Armor or similar due to the smooth material that slides under jeans. The LD's are a little spendy, but the quality seems to support the cost. Good luck.

Has anyone tryed this brand of under/ware??? Look very nice, butt @ $45.bucks a little expensive. If it helps your butt on a long day it would be worth it..
LD shorts
Smitty, I've used the LD shorts for a couple of years now and really like them. They don't wad up or hold dampness like cotton briefs :huh: and are very comfortable on long rides. Plus another thing I like is the Kangaroo door! :yahoo: one less zipper to deal with when sprinting for the head. :eek:

I can't believe I'm talking about my under wear! yeeesh! :glare:

Rob

Smitty,

I know for a fact that these shorts are used by some very experienced Iron Butt riders. Word.
Who's pants have you been exploring? And does your significant other know about them? :D
Ahhhhh....... gee..............

It was ... ah.....

well, ........ ahh.......

crap. fergit it. :blink: :huh:

OK! You talked me into it. Just ordered a pair. I have been looking for these but could only find the bicycle ones. Man, hanging out here has been costing me a fortune. But it sure is fun on the way to the poor house.

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, hanging out here has been costing me a fortune. But it sure is fun on the way to the poor house.

:lol:

:p

I have to agree with you on that, if I had not found/stumbled upon this site, bunch of great people! :)

I would not have bought anything for this bike, it was perfect when I saw it, now many $$$$$$$$$$, later I am still finding things to buy. my better half thinks I am crazy, perfect bike your ass she says every time I have to do sometihng to it! :lol:

I tried the Under Armour yesterday. I rode 620 miles to and from Deal's in 100+ heat. The UA compression briefs were great compared to cotton. I also went with a UA loose fit shirt under my Joe Rocket Phoenix. It dried very quickly and I was quite comfortable. UA makes a specific line called Heat Gear. They also have a line called Cold Gear that I have used on duty. I picked them up at Academy Sports. Any sporting goods store will have them.

I tried the Under Armour yesterday. I rode 620 miles to and from Deal's in 100+ heat. The UA compression briefs were great compared to cotton. I also went with a UA loose fit shirt under my Joe Rocket Phoenix. It dried very quickly and I was quite comfortable. UA makes a specific line called Heat Gear. They also have a line called Cold Gear that I have used on duty. I picked them up at Academy Sports. Any sporting goods store will have them.
+1 on the UA.

A little pricey, but worth it.