Rife windshields?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roy Epperson

Reaction score
I've got 24K miles on my Calsci XL and find it good but wondering if there might be something better. I tried the "test for the $$ of shipping" V-stream and did not think it was a good or better (at least for me).

The Rife appears to be an 1" shorter than my XL but looks wider at the top and with their Angle Optimizer would appear to allow the air to flow off the top and not so much a "brick" wall as with the stock mounts. Even with the Calsci all the way up, I get more buffeting about the head and shoulders. The head buffet "feels" (by moving my hand from the top of the screen and following the air flow) to be lifting from the top lip above my helmet but coming down toward the back half of the helmet. The should buffeting appears to be that coming around the side.

Anyone using or used? If using, are you coming to WFO-8?

TIA,

Roy

edit - add link

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using a Rifle on my 05 and am a satisfied owner. The airflow is so much different on your 2007 that my comments are worthless. I'll shut up now.

I'm using a Rifle +5+4 and works for me...lot better than the V-Stream. Would like too but not coming to WFO9..

I put some spacers under my v-stream and it is awesome now. Try some spacers before you change shields.
What material did you use and approximate heights? I'm assuming is "solved" the air "crashing" down by creating a smooth path that continues to lift not cause a "stall" region behind the screen?

I put some spacers under my v-stream and it is awesome now. Try some spacers before you change shields.
What material did you use and approximate heights? I'm assuming is "solved" the air "crashing" down by creating a smooth path that continues to lift not cause a "stall" region behind the screen?
You can use anything for spacers. Washers work fine.