Riser Options for the 2006

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreyGoose

Reaction score
Now that doug has recalled his risers (in case you didnt know), i'm looking for any other riser options for the 06. I'm not quite sure why D&D and the others companies have not come out with a riser yet. It doesent seem like it would be that hard to recreate something similiar to what they did on the 05.

Anyone heard of anything in works?

GreyGoose

The salesmand at the dealership where I bought mine mentioned something last week about risers for the 2006. I'll follow-up with him this Saturday when I pick up my AE.

And I second the request for info if anyone has heard anything.

Soon...I guess or hope?

here

The Helibars site indicates that their product will move the bars back (closer to the rider) but not higher.
I guess I thought (maybe wrongly) that that was the whole point. To me, when I sit on my bike (5'10") the bars are high enough...it seems like the additional comfort would come from them being moved back. Either raising the bars or moving them back would allow the rider to sit more upright.

Moving them back seems more logical to me

AJ

Cool. Doesn't matter to me. Bringing them closer to me works. At 5'7" bringing them closer will reduce the amount I have to lean forward to the bars.

Thanks for the link/info.

Soon...I guess or hope?

here

The Helibars site indicates that their product will move the bars back (closer to the rider) but not higher.
I guess I thought (maybe wrongly) that that was the whole point. To me, when I sit on my bike (5'10") the bars are high enough...it seems like the additional comfort would come from them being moved back. Either raising the bars or moving them back would allow the rider to sit more upright.

Moving them back seems more logical to me

AJ
I agree, AJ.

John

I will be sending my Doug Hines risers back on Monday. GenMar is sending out 10 sets of their risers tomorrow for evaluation. If everything works, their risers will be out very soon. Go to their web site.

I emailed MotorcycleLarry about risers and other bits for the 06s. He said he wouldn't have time to design anything for the 06s until next year as he was already busy with other projects.

CRAP...!! I gotta tell ya, Doug's risers really made a great deal of difference to me regarding my comfy-ness. I said it before, and I'll say it again ... the hand numbness and pain is caused by the bars being too damn low for some folks.

Once the bars were UP and back, every hand/wrist problem went away. Tol ya.

But, now that Doug wants his risers back, I don't know what I can do. I'll be back where I was ... .hatin' the damn FJR's ergos. And, I was gonna order a new saddle this week. (sob...)

BAGGER

Well I was typing out this response to another similar post that got locked, since I already had it typed up:

Makers of risers for the '03-'05 models for which we hope there will be an '06 version:

D&D

genmar

Heli

Motorcycle Larry

Doug Hines

Did I miss anyone?

Since I last looked in June a couple of these manufacturers are at least making noise about working on the '06's now.

BTW Skooter I am a really slow typist, you coulda waited :)

hello all,

i also have the risers, got the notice to return. you know there is the possibility to just keep them.

i had no issues installing mine. no broken bits, rock solid. you have paid for them they are yours.

of course by keeping them you completely release doug of all liability. i dont know if i want to risk

having something break at the wrong moment, could be disasterous. i too love the new feel, so im

a lilttle torn. will have to make up my mind soon though.

peace all, ride safe

tony

hello all,
i also have the risers, got the notice to return. you know there is the possibility to just keep them.

i had no issues installing mine. no broken bits, rock solid. you have paid for them they are yours.

of course by keeping them you completely release doug of all liability. i dont know if i want to risk

having something break at the wrong moment, could be disasterous. i too love the new feel, so im

peace all, ride safe

tony
I'm keeping mine. I sent Doug a note releasing him of any liability. I love 'em.

hello all,

peace all, ride safe

tony
I'm keeping mine. I sent Doug a note releasing him of any liability. I love 'em.
I am keeping mine as well. I have had no problems at all. Mine have not moved since installation. These risers and the CalSci Medium windscreen have made a world of difference...

I'm sending mine back. When I took them off, the extra bolt thingy was starting to corrode. I do (did) love them for comfort - but they look ugly (sorry Doug).

So, I'm back to standard and I can already feel the difference (boo hoo). Waiting on someone to make some more. Not sure if I want the height - but I would like the bars a bit nearer.

Alan

hello all,

peace all, ride safe

tony
I am keeping mine as well. I have had no problems at all. Mine have not moved since installation. These risers and the CalSci Medium windscreen have made a world of difference...

hello all,

peace all, ride safe

tony

Just installed mine last night! Now you want them back! Whats the issue about the risers? Are they breaking? Need to know....I bought mine used from Don Carver because Doug was out of them at the time.

I have changed my mind. As much as I would love to keep the risers I am taking them off and returning them to Doug, if for no other reason than to give him peace of mind. I told him to keep my refund. and just send me a new set if and when he designes some. I know that he will take a financial beating for this. I appreciate what he has tried to do for our community. I thought this would encourage him to continue serving us.

Keeping mine too. They work so well I'm going to release Doug of all liability. I've had no issues with them(movement or stud breakage).Good product, and I feel bad for him since this is not a design problem.