risers -- 2004 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronco Dave

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking for risers and know very little about them. (Knowledge limited to what is on forum). I found D&D risers and was wondering if anyone had 1st hand experience with them. They seem to be the cheaper of the available options. I'm 5'9" with short arms. I'm not too concerned with raising but think it would help me find a more comfortable riding position as now I have to ride against the gast tank to ride comfortably.

D&D has 2 sets, one has 10 degree angle....anyone familiar or have experience with this?

Also... any FJR riders in northeast PA? (Looking for a riding buddy)

Dave,

I picked up a used set of Heli's from the classifieds for $60. I am also 5'9" & they work real well.

Try posting in the "Wanted" section.

Paul

I put a set of Gen Mars on my 04 and put a set on my 08 when I got it. Pretty good product.

GP

I also picked up some heli risers on this forum. Have ridden almost 2 years without them. My first impression is that I sit up more and can get back on the saddle more without wrist pressure. I believe they rise about 1" and back about 3/4". The product seems fine. They do seem to add comfort. My throttle lock made a huge difference on long rides! So far so good. Have yet to try them out in the twisties. I am also 5'9", average arm length. I do notice abit more helmet buffing from a more upright possition. Hope this helps

Gen I only ('03-'05)- so here are the Heli Risers I have and they can be found at lotsa suppliers at lotsa prices.

The D&D 10 degree pullback risers are only available from the small business manufacturer.

they sell two different designs...in my case, I took them up on purchasing both and trying them out first...I went with the 10 degree - wider bars which help my wrists and then sent the other set back in their prepaid provided box for a full refund of those. It's all explained on the web site.

no problem with the stock hoses...they are snug that way, but I've had my setup for years now with no problems.

cables are definitely a non issue

The bolts need to be pretty tight without stripping the aluminum threads and maybe a little drop of blue loctite is OK. Mine loosened up at first after a few hundred miles, but I carried a allen wrench in my tank bag just in case. Nothing dangerous, just a slight bit of slop that needed to be snugged up and when I got home, the two bolts that were slightly loose were backed out halfway and a tiny drop of blue loctite dripped on the bolt thread and tightened up again with no further problems.

Do note that they are pulled back 2.75", so the joke is it feels like steering the helm of my old Hobie Cat Catamaran sailboat using a tiller. But I like it this way very much as I can sit bolt upright with my feet on the Wild Bill Highway Pegs and can lean against my Nelson Rigg Weekender Seat Bag Luggage usually containing spare gear for differing temperatures on rides or tours, rain gear, camping stuff, etc.

Best to ya...

let's ride safe and be careful out there,

Mike

in Nawlins'

3708483372_297efc8932.jpg

3708483364_2db01fa377.jpg

4591874853_d4b7448f5e.jpg

Well, last week I got the D&D risers --- tried both of them. The standards weren't high enough and the 10 degrees are high enough but rotate the bars forward which made my wrists hurt.

Now considering the Heli risers, but I'm not sure about the rotation. The webside says something about rotating the bold pattern but doesn't say which direction. Does anyone in the forum know the answer to that?

This may be my first farkel. Oh yeah... what is a FEEJ? (Newbie to forum...can you tell?)