Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which of these risers bring the bars closer to the rider.
The Gen Mars will bring the bars back, especially if you install them with the adjustable stalks on the stock setup all the way back (toward the rider).

[Edit: Gen Mar's bring it back on the adjustable set up on Gen II bikes.]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Genmars are basically a thick plate, the bars are raised from the triple tree but mount over the same point. Any change backwards is just trig from the fork rake.

The Heli risers actually change the mount point backwards, as well as lifting the bars. I think they'll give you more rearward movement. It's what I've got on mine, and they made a HUGE difference in comfort for me.

In my quick look I didn't see a heli listed for GenII bikes, but with your '05 you'd be fine.

Edit: found the pic of my install, click on the thumbnail:

The Heli risers actually change the mount point backwards, as well as lifting the bars. I think they'll give you more rearward movement. It's what I've got on mine, and they made a HUGE difference in comfort for me.
Not true. The Heli triple-clamp by itself moves the bars back 1.5" but does not raise them at all, other then the previously mentioned fork-rake. In fact the handlebar controls come close to making contact with the tank, but do not touch. If you're used to using your tankbag in a favorite position you may have to move it. If you want additional height you need to also purchase the Heli risers, which will work ONLY with the Heli clamp. Heli designed the clamp to work with existing clutch and brake lines. I have the Heli clamp and risers on my '06.

One cool feature of the Heli setup is the two drilled/tapped holes for RAM-mount balls to mount your goodies.

Not true. The Heli triple-clamp by itself moves the bars back 1.5" but does not raise them at all, other then the previously mentioned fork-rake. In fact the handlebar controls come close to making contact with the tank, but do not touch. If you're used to using your tankbag in a favorite position you may have to move it. If you want additional height you need to also purchase the Heli risers, which will work ONLY with the Heli clamp. Heli designed the clamp to work with existing clutch and brake lines. I have the Heli clamp and risers on my '06.

One cool feature of the Heli setup is the two drilled/tapped holes for RAM-mount balls to mount your goodies.
Yah - hu-uh!!!

I wasn't talking about the Heli triple clamp, I was talking about the risers.

Heli-risers ONLY, stock tree. (May be different for GenII, I don't know):

Angus....

I had steel mesh brake and clutch line installed. When I ordered them, I had them made two inches longer than stock in the event I stacked risers. I did end up stacking them so I have plenty of length in the lines. I doubt stock length would acommodate stacking.

Pitinstructor.....

See my post right above yours. Stock length clutch and brake lines will probably be too short for stacking. I added two inches to the new lines and it works perfectly.