RKA Bag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shep

Reaction score
I recently purchased one of Gary's racks for my bike. Like many of you, I have an accumulation of tank bags and other bags from the various bikes I have owned. I had an RKA seat bag and I thought of putting it on my rack. It will fit, but it is a little large. I saw that another FJR vendor, Sportbike Effects, was selling a different RKA bag, basically a BMW LT rack bag. Although he advertizes it for the seat, it fits perfect on Gary's rack.

I am the kind of person that always rides with my saddlebags and always has them full! I decided to ride without the bags and use the rack bag while I am not traveling. So far, so good.

I had a great experience with both vendors. They both actually called me about my order...I call that good service. I just wanted to express my thanks and give a plug for a couple great fourm members and FJR vendors.

RKASIDE.jpg

RKARACK.jpg

RKAFRONT.jpg

Shep

Last Friday I nearly ordered one, but not for a rack of any type but as a "seat bag" as product name suggests. My only hesitation was not in knowing how secure those 4 velcro tabs would attach to an FJR stock or aftermarket rear seat section.See pccy here: https://www.sportbikeeffects.com/proddetail...XRS18L&cat=8509

You cannot tell by my photos, but there is a long strap threaded through each velcro tab, running the lenght of the bag. One end of the strap has a buckle and the other end threads through it. That is the "tail" that you seed tied to the rack on my bike. Those would be buckled under the seat and would be quite secure. Also RKA has a larger seat bag that has coated, wide hooks that grab the edge of the seat, which also works well. I have one of those too if you need to see a photo.

Shep

I use the RKA rear seat bag on my 05.

Initially, I mounted it on the rear seat using only the seat clips, no velco.

Went to OEM 5 and it performed perfectly.

Purchased one of Gary's racks and tried it there for NoMoSno in Mena last month.

It worked just as well there. Although, I would advise spending time up front figuring out how to attach to the rack without scratching the paint on the rack.

I waited till the last minute and there were a few scratches when I got back home.

I have the larger bag, it is about twice as large as the one pictured above.

I recommend thier luggage.

Mark

Hello,

That looks great. Great for an enjoyable day trip.

I always ride with my side bags stuffed, I recently went the top case way and keep it on the bike as well.

very seldom do I ride with out the cases, mainly because I like to put all my gear in the cases.

before getting the top case this is how my perfectblue ride looked for trips :dribble:

:p
Copy2of49632626.jpg

fwiw:

i've been using the BikeMaster Expandable Tank Bag II...

seen here

what i like most is that the bag unzips from the base... i have the base on the pillion seat... tons of storage... very well built... if needed, the tank bag can be worn as a back pack...

i did find it at motorcyclecloseouts.com for a great price, but it was not listed when i looked before posting this message...

dana