RMC seat delivered

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJReady

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I know you guys have seen one before but they are all different, right? Got home last night and found a package from Rick Mayer. Had to put them on and go for a butt check. Oh so very nice. The real test will be when I can get a couple consecutive 500 mile days. Then I'll know for sure. First 60 miles or so were just fine. Rick says it will break in. Nothing like the feel of leather.

I had a May 8th build date with RMC so it looks like he's holding schedule pretty good.

IMG_2369.jpg

looks nice, does it lower the seat height?
I don't know if Rick can go much lower than stock. I actually had Rick make mine 1 inch higher than stock, to give my knees some relief.
If you want lower, I have a Corbrick that would do that trick, make offer. Disclosure- not comfortable.

My recent 1500 mile weekend proved beyond a doubt to me that my RM saddle is as comfortable a saddle as I could want for. There were no saddle issues at all. I can slide off it easily when working the bike through twisties, or just sit there and burn a tank without having to stand up, something not nearly possible with the Corbin.

Bottom line, Rick Mayer saddle :thumbsup: along with Motorcycle Larry 6 degree risers = comfort. Comfort good.

That is one gorgeous saddle! Thanks for the pic. It appears the "pocket" might drop you down a tad from stock - no matter as I like the stock height - time to check the farkle bank once again.... :lol: