ROK Straps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdisher

formerly Renegade, get used to it.
Reaction score
OK, so I've been a Bungie Net kind of a guy. I always keep a couple bungies on hand and a net in one of my bags cause you never know. From time to time if I didn't have the top box on Zed, I'd just bungie my laptop bag on the back seat. Always used a net though because you could wrap it around.

Still the hooks, and I have a good one, still dicked up the grab bar on the back.

Now with the FJR, sans Top Box I started doing the same thing. While at the BMWMOA show I saw these ROK straps. Of course they are over priced by a little bit but they aren't too bad and I picked up a set.

I'll never go back to bungies, ever again. I'll still keep a couple for emergencies and the net still has it place (like over a helmet) but man these babies really work well.

I used them to fasten my dry bag on the way back vs the net and now use them daily for my commute.

Just don't let the extra length of the adjustable straps get melted on your exhaust.

https://www.rokstraps.com/motorbike_adjustable.html

Last edited by a moderator:
REI, Sports Chalet, and Dicks Sporting Goods sell similair products used to secure dry bags, sleeping bags, and other equipment to backpacks. They also carry guy lines for use inside of many tents. Either one would be similair and cost less.

REI, Sports Chalet, and Dicks Sporting Goods sell similair products used to secure dry bags, sleeping bags, and other equipment to backpacks. They also carry guy lines for use inside of many tents. Either one would be similair and cost less.
I've not seen hybrid bungie straps before. Not at Dicks. That's what's cool about these.

(a) one part bungie, other part adjustable strap.

( B) no hooks, just loop em.

I'm all for cheaper alternatives but regular straps don't do as well as these. The bungie part is the trick.

If anyone knows of the same thing only different and cheaper, I'm game, I'd love to have a second set.

-MD

I stand corrected and should read my own signature quote below. The versions sold at sporting goods stores do not have the elasticity. They are adjustable lengths of webroll type material.

kasey turned me on to the rok straps, i didn't order them until after i lost a $680.00 jacket out of my cargo net. freekin cargo net didn't get lost though.

if you try it, you'll like it.

derek

So what type/model of ROK straps is everyone getting? They have several types, and I wanna know which ones to order.

Input anyone?

Get the adjustible ones...

As for that your only other options are ones with an extra yellow stitch in them or not.

strapphoto_MB_adj_separated_small.jpg

Rok Straps

i bought 4 of the longer adjustable length. i've only ever used 2 though.

derek

The adjustable ones are what I used on my trip to Deals Gap this summer. I'll NEVER use bungee cords again.

Tom

Get the adjustible ones...
As for that your only other options are ones with an extra yellow stitch in them or not.

strapphoto_MB_adj_separated_small.jpg

Rok Straps

Leave it to Radman to come up with an even better hold down system. :dribble:

Tom

c6.jpg

Real men yada yada yada............ :D

I'll never go back to bungies, ever again. I'll still keep a couple for emergencies and the net still has it place (like over a helmet) but man these babies really work well.
The American Motorcycle Association magazine a while back had a "25 things to not leave home with" article, or something like that. They raved about the Rok straps so much that I bought a set just to be able to call them liars. They're about the only straps I'll use now. Good stuff! :yahoo: