Routes on Nuvi 760

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

builderwill

Reaction score
Tried a search but did not turn up anything. Developed a test route on MapQuest with numerous way points and downloaded into my Garmin 760. I gave it a test drive to see what happened once I hit a way point, bypassed one, etc. So far so good, but what I found was I had no voice navigation. I played with the settings and on the screen where you select a male or female voice, language, all that good stuff, it showed none selected and would not let me select anything. Any Nuvi owner's out there come across this before.

Certainly apologize if this has been covered before considering it's Friday and all, but I'd really like to figure it out before tomorrow when I actually test it on the scooter.

Tried a search but did not turn up anything. Developed a test route on MapQuest with numerous way points and downloaded into my Garmin 760. I gave it a test drive to see what happened once I hit a way point, bypassed one, etc. So far so good, but what I found was I had no voice navigation. I played with the settings and on the screen where you select a male or female voice, language, all that good stuff, it showed none selected and would not let me select anything. Any Nuvi owner's out there come across this before.
Certainly apologize if this has been covered before considering it's Friday and all, but I'd really like to figure it out before tomorrow when I actually test it on the scooter.
Power it off and power it back on again (do this with the power cord removed). Also, check if it has paired up via bluetooth with your phone? If so, disable that bluetooth connection and power cycle again.

One of the above worked for me, the last time I had this issue.

Good luck!

Power it off and power it back on again (do this with the power cord removed). Also, check if it has paired up via bluetooth with your phone? If so, disable that bluetooth connection and power cycle again.

Good luck!
got to the volume icon and verify that your not muted.

there are also ways to manipulate the sound on the device. you can turn up the media volume, while turning down the voice volume, then control both using a master volume. get to those settings and make sure that the voice volume is turned up.

GreyGoose

Good luck!

Just ran out to lunch and shut off and unplugged. Everything good again. Thanks, Puppychow!