Rukka Suit Review

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark G

Reaction score
I've had this suit for a couple of years, now, and it really got a workout the last ten days. I bought it because unlike the Stich, it's mesh, but protective, and I live in central Texas, where heat is my biggest enemy, especially behind the Goldwing fairing and shield.

The mesh works, especially on the FJR, where I get a lot more air to my torso. The included armor is all CE-approved, lightweight, and even it is perforated.

The pants have a perforated area of rubbery stuff in the seat...no monkey butt, ever.

There's an included inner jacket and pants liner, both windproof and waterproof, and the jacket has inflatable compartments for warmth.

Just got in from about ten days two up on the Goldwing from Texas to NC and back, started out with temps near 90, lots of cool weather in NC, one horrible day (actually, it was the night on a twisty road) in rain, temps in the lower 50s, yesterday 600 miles starting at 32 degrees, today another 600, all but about 30 in the rain...no kidding. Wore just a t shirt and underwear, and socks, of course, under the suit in all those conditions. Never got so much as a drop of rain anywhere except my not-waterproof boots and gloves. Puffed up the inner liner yesterday and was fine even at 32 degrees.

My wife hates the cold, hates to be wet and cold. She loaded up with pants under her liner, and a couple of long sleeve turtleneck shirts, and a fleece vest, for the two 600 mile cold-then-wet days, and was happy as a clam behind me, much more exposed to the weather than I was behind the GL fairing.

These suits are expensive, but they are absolutely the best bike gear I've ever owned. No, I've never had an Aerostich suit, and I"m sure they're fantastic, but I'm not wearing one of their suits in Texas when it's 102. Or 82.

When I bought my Rukkas, there were two U.S. retailers, both of whom were very helpful and knowledgable. The guy I bought from no longer handles the products. You can find more info here: https://tinyurl.com/8v7g8