Rumor Mill: 'Honda" Cleaner is Back

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Yammy dealer sells Honda stuff... he said he has cases of the stuff if you can't get it.

Can you say bootleg, baby?

B)

How could another company sell a product in CA that has a banned substance? Not buying this one.

Hasn't Honda re-formulated it's polish and removed the bad stuff to pass by the greenies in CA? :unsure:

How could another company sell a product in CA that has a banned substance? Not buying this one.
Hasn't Honda re-formulated it's polish and removed the bad stuff to pass by the greenies in CA? :unsure:
This stuff is re-formulated. The blog states that Honda (apparently sub-contracted the stuff out) did not reach a new agreement with the producer.

This stuff is re-formulated. The blog states that Honda (apparently sub-contracted the stuff out) did not reach a new agreement with the producer.
I'm gonna call my Honda polish pimp tomorrow and see whats going on.

The formula of the polish has not changed only the delivery system that did not meet the state standard. They changed the label a year or so ago that stated do not use on painted surfaces. The new can now has the old label back on. go figure. I have always been able to get it. never was off the shelf anywhere I shopped.

When I bought my 07, my dealer gave me an aerosol can of 'spray polish & instant detailer'. It's a black can that says 'Yamaha genuine parts & accessories'. This is apparently a lesser product than the Honda product?

Hey Carver That's an inside joke I don't think most would get.. Are you refering to earlier Honda products that had that

unfortunate problem??